JMS over SSL ?

1 view

anderst

Oct 23, 2002, 5:36:43 PM10/23/02

I am trying to use JMS over SSL on WebLogic 6.1 sp2 server.
But it doesn't seem to work.
Anybody tried it and got it to work?

Here is the piece my code to obtain a secure context:

ht.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "system");
ht.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "abc");
ht.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
ht.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3s://localhost:7002");
Context ctx = new InitialContext(ht);

And my exception is:
javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception is java.net.ConnectException:
t3s://anders:7002: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: Server Certificate SubjectDN CommonName received
does not match Server hostname; No available router to destination
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:155)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:207)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:311)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:211)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:149)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:665)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at BibleQueueSender.main(BibleQueueSender.java:54)java.lang.NullPointerException
at BibleQueueSender.main(BibleQueueSender.java:97)

Any idea ?

Anders

Shean-Guang Chang

Oct 23, 2002, 6:14:23 PM10/23/02
Did you try to look at the WLS Docs for using SSL?

"anderst" <ander...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tom Barnes

Oct 24, 2002, 12:14:47 PM10/24/02
to anderst
I suggest posting to the security newsgroup. Meanwhile, you can likely
work-around
this by bypassing part of SSL via the
-Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=true
property on the client command line.

anderst wrote:

> I did.
>
> That is the code that I cut and pasted from the BEA doc.
> But I cannot get a secure context.
> Have you tried to run that on WLS 6.1 sp2 ?
>
> I saw another message in the newsgroup. He tried on WLS 7 and he got the same
> problem.
>
> Anders

anderst

anderst

Oct 24, 2002, 2:12:42 PM10/24/02

I add the line -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=true.
And it didn't work.

I just posted a message in security newsgroup.

Anders