JMS File Store Locks

Kevin Sharfman

Feb 26, 2004, 5:47:46 AM2/26/04

Hi ,

About once a week our JMS Server hangs due to the file store becomming locked
and only a reboot solves the problem (for about a week). We are currently running
WL7 SP2 on a Win2k server. Any ideas?

####<Feb 20, 2004 10:03:57 PM CAT> <Alert> <JMS> <dhweblogic02> <myserver> <ExecuteThread:
'11' for queue: 'JMS.TimerClientPool'> <kernel identity> <> <040051> <JMSServer
"MyJMSServer", store failure while deleting message for destination notification/jms/postDataGatherQueue,
java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = <MYJMSFILE STORE000000.DAT>, path = <C:\bea7\MyJMSFile\MYJMSFILE
STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.>
java.io.IOException: JMS store, file = <MYJMSFILE STORE000000.DAT>, path = <C:\bea7\MyJMSFile\MYJMSFILE
STORE000000.DAT>: error during write, java.io.IOException: The process cannot
access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file
at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.throwIOException(FileIOFile.java:61)
at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOFile.writeInt(FileIOFile.java:214)
at weblogic.jms.store.FileIOStream.delete(FileIOStream.java:638)
at weblogic.jms.store.StoreRequest.doTheIO(StoreRequest.java:270)
at weblogic.jms.store.JMSStore.execute(JMSStore.java:249)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213

Tom Barnes

Feb 26, 2004, 9:52:24 AM2/26/04
to Kevin Sharfman
Hi Kevin,

This is very odd, as only one process ever opens
the store's file. Perhaps there is a misconfiguration
where two WL stores refer to
the same exact file (which *will*
result in unpredictable behavior and data loss).

Make sure that you aren't booting the same
WL server twice, and make sure that you
are not running two WL stores that have the same
name and use the same directory.

Tom

Kevin Sharfman

Feb 26, 2004, 10:07:48 AM2/26/04

Hi Tom, In our instance there is only one WL Store and no other instances running.
The store, is however, heavily used with 16 queues configured. We often find that
this happens during high load , but very intermittently. In one week, it could
happen three times and then after 3 months.

I initially suspected this to be anti-virus sofware, but it has since been disabled.

Kevin

Tom Barnes <pleasereplyinnewsgroup.webl...@newsgroups.bea.com>

Tom Barnes

Feb 26, 2004, 11:27:23 AM2/26/04
to Kevin Sharfman
This exception is being thrown by the O/S and
rethrown by Java. Perhaps you are running
backup software?

What is your operating system, and JVM?
How many stores are running on the server?

Kevin Sharfman

Feb 27, 2004, 2:09:12 AM2/27/04

Hi Tom, we are running one store , Win2k, WL SP2 using JDK1.3.06. There is backup
software on the machine. I will have out IT Dept exclude the file store.