Durable Subscription In Use

kannan

Sep 26, 2001, 10:59:53 AM9/26/01
I get the following exception when I try to subscribe to the same topic
from more than one client. For example, I have a subscriber to the this
topic from Instance - A. It works fine. Subscrption takes place just
fine. But simultaneously if I try to suscribe from another instance,
this happens. Any ideas ?.

javax.jms.JMSException: Durable Subscription In Use
at
weblogic.rmi.extensions.AbstractRequest.sendReceive(AbstractRequest.java:76)

at
weblogic.jms.common.WLStuby1u2v1o3yc724g271r7304w243q64.addDurableSubscriber(WLStuby1u2v1o3yc724g271

r7304w243q64.java:311)
at
weblogic.jms.client.JMSTopicSession.createDurableSubscriber(JMSTopicSession.java:119)

at
weblogic.jms.client.JMSTopicSession.createDurableSubscriber(JMSTopicSession.java:94)

at
gallup.go.jms.LearningMessageConsumer.startListening(MyMessageConsumer.java:114)

at
gallup.go.jms.LearningMessageConsumer.startup(MyConsumer.java:68)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runStartup(StartupThread.java:182)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java:146)

at
weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java:62)

Don Martin

Sep 26, 2001, 2:05:06 PM9/26/01
You don't say... but looking at the stack trace,
you are using WLS 5.1 (some SP?)...
Are you using the same client ID for both? If so,
change one so they are unique.

-Don

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Oct 2, 2001, 4:44:03 PM10/2/01
No matter which version of WLS you use you will always get something similar when trying to set-up a
second durable subscription on a Topic.
Topics can have up to one durable subscribers at any time.
You can solve this by using non-durable subscribers. Do you really need the subscribers to be durable?

Regards,
--dejan

Zach

Oct 3, 2001, 9:42:10 AM10/3/01
Just a quick note. Topics CAN have more than one durable subscriber at
any given time. You can create as many durable subscribers as you have
virtual memory. However, each durable subscriber for a given topic must
have a unique clientID. The clientID can be configured on the connection
factory or on the connection after it is created. Putting a clientID on the
factory is of little use in that only one connection can use a given
clientID at any moment in time. That means the factory can have at most
one outstanding connection. The typical usage is to create a connection
using a factory that does not define a clientID, and then immediately set
the clientID after the connection is created.

_sjz.

"Deyan D. Bektchiev" <dejan_b...@appl.net> wrote in message

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Oct 3, 2001, 2:45:26 PM10/3/01
Thanks Zach,
I'll make a note of that.
Sorry for the confusion I might have introduced.

--dejan