JMS and Clusters

Anuj Vohra

Aug 15, 2001, 1:48:18 PM8/15/01

Hi All,
I am running on WLS6.1. I have a cluster set up and I have a JMS server and
topic destination defined on the admin server of the cluster. When I start the
managed server, I get an exception that I am pasting at the end of the message.

I am using the weblogic.jms.ConnectionFactory (that comes configured by default
i.e. I did not have to set up this factory even on the admin server. It shows
up in the JNDI tree on the admin server). The weblogic.jms.connectionfactory doesnot
show up in the JNDI tree of the managed server.

My cluster is working with proper load balancing but my message driven beans
on the managed server are not getting any messages. I would appriciate any pointers
to what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards
Anuj Vohra

Exception message: Unable to resolve weblogic.jms.ConnectionFactory. Resolved:
'
weblogic.jms' Unresolved:'ConnectionFactory'
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve weblogic.jms.ConnectionFac
tory. Resolved: 'weblogic.jms' Unresolved:'ConnectionFactory' ; remaining name
'
'
<<no stack trace available>>

Shean-Guang Chang

Aug 15, 2001, 5:36:18 PM8/15/01
Did the managed server having the MDB also in the same cluster as the Admin
server?

"Anuj Vohra" <an...@esolutionsoft.com> wrote in message

Anuj Vohra

Aug 15, 2001, 7:13:38 PM8/15/01

Yes, the mdb is in the app deployed in the cluster. The managed server is unable
to see the destination topic name. Is there a way to let the managed server know
where the destination topic is defined? The exception I am getting now (on startup
of managed server is :

==============
Exception message: Invalid destination name: STATUS_NOTIFICATION
weblogic.jms.common.JMSException: Invalid destination name: STATUS_NOTIFICATION
at weblogic.jms.frontend.FEManager.destinationCreate(FEManager.java:148)

at weblogic.jms.frontend.FEManager.invoke(FEManager.java:317)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.Request.wrappedFiniteStateMachine(Request.jav
a:504)
at weblogic.jms.dispatcher.DispatcherImpl.dispatchSyncNoTran(DispatcherI
mpl.java:332)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createDestination(JMSSession.java:1409
)
at weblogic.jms.client.JMSSession.createTopic(JMSSession.java:922)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.StateManager.setup(StateManager.jav
a:206)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.StateManager.<init>(StateManager.ja
va:59)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.StateManager.<clinit>(StateManager.
java:38)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.EntityBeanBase.<clinit>(EntityBeanB
ase.java:25)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.BulletBean_tmv2fi_HomeImpl.class$(B
ulletBean_tmv2fi_HomeImpl.java:11)
at com.cnn.contentserver.entitybeans.BulletBean_tmv2fi_HomeImpl.<clinit>
(BulletBean_tmv2fi_HomeImpl.java:63)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.deploy(ClientDrivenB
eanInfoImpl.java:769)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.Deployer.deployDescriptor(Deployer.java:1250)

at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:939)
at weblogic.j2ee.EJBComponent.deploy(EJBComponent.java:30)
at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:160)
at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(Depl
oymentTarget.java:329)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(Dep
loymentTarget.java:279)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeploy
ments(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(
DeploymentTarget.java:193)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
eanImpl.java:606)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
java:590)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
ionMBeanImpl.java:350)............

================

Thanks
Anuj

Tom Barnes

Aug 16, 2001, 10:02:27 AM8/16/01
to Anuj Vohra
Please post your config.xml file.

Zach

Aug 16, 2001, 10:54:47 AM8/16/01
THIS exception is explainable. You are using a non-portable
API. That is you are using createTopic which takes a vendor
specific string to locate a queue (as opposed to using JNDI).

The vendor specific string for WebLogic JMS is of the form
"JMSServerName/DestinationName". That is you have to
know which server the destination is on, and you use a
slash to separate the name of the server and destination.

I assume you are doing this work around the JNDI problems?
_sjz.