JDBC CONNECTION POOL FOR WEBLOGIC 8.1 TO ORACLE 8.1.6

1 view

eric brantingham

Aug 26, 2004, 1:55:00 PM8/26/04
I am having problems with my connection pool. When I try to use the classes12 driver I get periodic TNS:connection closed errors and I can not set my initial pool size very high because one will fail with this error. When I try to use the ojdbc14 driver I get a character set not supported error. I am using the nls_charset12.jar file

I am running weblogic 8.1 sp2. I am connecting to an Oracle 8.1.6 database.

Thanks

Eric

Slava Imeshev

Aug 27, 2004, 12:18:35 AM8/27/04
Eric,

"eric brantingham" <noad...@noaddress.given> wrote in message news:25646392.1093542931030.JavaMail.root@jserv5...

> I am having problems with my connection pool. When I try to use the classes12 driver I get periodic TNS:connection closed errors
and I can not set my initial pool size very high because one will fail with this error. When I try to use the ojdbc14 driver I get
a character set not supported error. I am using the nls_charset12.jar file

> I am running weblogic 8.1 sp2. I am connecting to an Oracle 8.1.6 database.

Could you post full exception and the strack trace? Also, I'd check with
support if current Oracle JDBC drivers support Oracle 8.1.6.

Regards,

Slava Imeshev

eric brantingham

Aug 31, 2004, 12:58:43 PM8/31/04
Hi, thanks for your assistance. Here is the log dump.

####<Aug 30, 2004 9:45:15 AM EDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <sun1523.daytonoh.ncr.com> <s
moaServer> <ExecuteThread: '22' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <<anonymou
s>> <> <BEA-001129> <Received exception while creating connection for pool "nolo
aConnectionPool": ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed

####<Aug 30, 2004 9:45:15 AM EDT> <Info> <JDBC> <sun1523.daytonoh.ncr.com> <smoa
Server> <ExecuteThread: '22' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default'> <<anonymous>>
<> <BEA-001156> <Stack trace associated with message 001129 follows:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:1503)
at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:309)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:198)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja
va:251)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:224)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(Con
nectionEnvFactory.java:175)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Con
nectionEnvFactory.java:111)
at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourceP
oolImpl.java:1103)
at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.makeResources(ResourceP
oolImpl.java:1040)
at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(Resourc
ePoolImpl.java:320)
at weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourcePoolImpl.reserveResource(Resourc
ePoolImpl.java:252)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.reserve(ConnectionPool.j
ava:428)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPoolManager.reserve(Connectio
nPoolManager.java:78)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getPoolConnection(RmiData
Source.java:288)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getConnection(RmiDataSour
ce.java:310)
at user.User.getDbPoolConnection(User.java:174)
at order.OrderMasterCustomer.dbRetrieveOrderCustomerHeaderData(OrderMast
erCustomer.java:1181)
at order.OrderMasterCustomer.dbRetrieveOrderCustomer(OrderMasterCustomer
java:1108)
at order.OrderMasterCustomer.dbSetPropertiesFromOrder(OrderMasterCustome
r.java:1660)
at order.Order.dbSetPropertiesFromOrder(Order.java:1031)
at servlets.submitPages.OpenOrderSubmit.actionSearch(OpenOrderSubmit.jav
a:367)
at servlets.submitPages.OpenOrderSubmit.service(OpenOrderSubmit.java:107
)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:971)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:402)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6350)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
118)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3635)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2585)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Joe Weinstein

Aug 31, 2004, 1:18:37 PM8/31/04

eric brantingham wrote:

> Hi, thanks for your assistance. Here is the log dump.

You should add a 1-second login delay for the pool. (loginDelaySeconds=1).
Oracle can get swamped and ocasionally fail valid connection requests if
too many are sent in a short time, such as when a pool is being initially
populated. This setting will put a delay between successive connection
requests, and should solve the problem.
Joe