SerialOracleBlob.getBinaryStream blob oracle.jdbc.xa.

Manoj Pai

Aug 21, 2002, 5:14:30 PM8/21/02

Hello all
having trouble reading Blobs from the database. WL6.1, Oracle 8.1.7
Trying to write the Blob into a file.

weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialOracleBlob image = (weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialOracleBlob)
rs.getBlob("image_doc");

InputStream imageStream = image.getBinaryStream();

The 2nd line throws an Exception

java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialOracleBlob.getBinaryStream(SerialOracleBlob.java:114)

I tried casting the Blob to java.sql.Blob and Oracle..Blob but no luck.

We are using XA driver so the images are up-loaded the same way as described in
Oracle's JDBC manual although without AutoCommit turned off. This part actually
seems to work fine because I can see the ercords in the table.

Any help greatly appreciated
Manoj