I've read all the other ORA-24327 posts, but...

Jim O'Donnell

Mar 9, 2001, 8:33:23 AM3/9/01
I still haven't read anything that's given me any insight as to my similar
problem. I'm running WebLogic 6.0 sp1 on Solaris and trying to use Oracle
8.1.7. I have both the oracle server and the client running on my server,
which is named daphne. The database is called obi6.daphne.wingspantech.com,
and it's SID is obi6. I'm trying to do the connection test after setting up
the JDriver. I've tried all kinds of dbping argument combinations,
including, but not limited to, the following:

java -classpath $CLASSPATH utils.dbping ORACLE OBIUSER OBIUSER
obi6.daphne.wingspantech.com
java -classpath $CLASSPATH utils.dbping ORACLE OBIUSER OBIUSER obi6
java -classpath $CLASSPATH utils.dbping ORACLE OBIUSER foobar
obi6.daphne.wingspantech.com
java -classpath $CLASSPATH utils.dbping ORACLE OBIADMIN OBIADMIN
obi6.daphne.wingspantech.com
java -classpath $CLASSPATH utils.dbping ORACLE OBIADMIN OBIADMIN obi6

All get the same error (with different arguments depending on the user and
server):

Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

Error encountered:

java.sql.SQLException: Error while trying to retrieve text for error
ORA-24327 - (OBIADMIN/********@obi6)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:161)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:92)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:146)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:167)

$CLASSPATH consists of
"/opt/oracle/product/8.1.7/jdbc/lib/classes12.zip:/bea/jdk130/lib/tools.jar:
/bea/wlserver6.0/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/bea/wlserver6.0/lib/weblogic.jar:."
and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH consists of
"/bea/wlserver6.0/lib/solaris/oci816_8:/opt/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib".
$PATH is "/usr/sbin:/usr/bin", but that shouldn't make any difference.

Since I tried doing this with valid users, invalid users, valid users with
bad passwords, administrators, real databases, and fake databases, I suspect
that java hasn't even tried to check the credentials and server name before
it hoses. Possibly something's wrong with my environment?

Please help. We're in dire straits here. Thanks.

--Jim

Mettu Kumar

Mar 10, 2001, 10:05:55 PM3/10/01
I believe Weblogic6.0 doesn't (officially) support 8.1.7.
If guys from BEA can confirm when 8.1.7 will be supported it will be of great
help.

Thanks,
Kumar.

Jim O'Donnell

Mar 12, 2001, 4:45:04 PM3/12/01

Whether they do or not, I finally found a solution, praise the Lord.

I had $ORACLE_HOME defined in the startWebLogic.sh script, but
I never exported it. Once I did that, it started working fine.

--Jim

Mettu Kumar

Mar 12, 2001, 4:58:04 PM3/12/01
Did you face any other problems with 8.1.7?

Jim O'Donnell

Mar 14, 2001, 9:35:11 AM3/14/01

No, not yet. Haven't done a whole lot with it yet, except for a
few simple queries.