weblogic.common.ResourceException: Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Ravi Nagulapalli

Apr 3, 2001, 10:03:47 AM4/3/01

I am using Weblogic 6.0. Trying to get the XA Transactions to work for Distributed
Transactions. I am trying to configure a JDBC Connection Pool with following parameters:

Name: OracleXAConnectionPool
DriverName: oracle.jdbc.xa.client.XADataSource
user=user
password=password
dataSourceName=TXOraclePool
protocol=thin

and the target server is on of my WLS servers. When I am trying to bring the server
up, it is throwing the exception:

<Apr 3, 2001 8:50:49 AM EDT> <Error> <JDBC Connection Pool> <Cannot startup connection
pool "OracleXAConnectionPool" weblogic.common.ResourceException: java.sql.SQLException:
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:775)
at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.makeURL(OracleDataSource.java:413)
at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource.getConnection(OracleDataSource.java:100)
at oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource.getPhysicalConnection

Thanks in advance for the help.
ravi.

Michelle Baxter

Apr 3, 2001, 3:25:25 PM4/3/01
I am getting a similar error (Invalid Oracle URL specified) trying to set up
a Connection Pool. The odd thing is, it works when I set it up in "mydomain"
but does not when I try to set it up in the new domain that I created. I can
create the pool and set it's properties, but when I attempt to add the
server as a target, I get the error. Do I need something special in my new
domain?

"Ravi Nagulapalli" <ravi...@cheerful.com> wrote in message

Vladimir Andral

Aug 18, 2001, 10:13:06 PM8/18/01

I was having a similar problem using the Oracle Thin driver.
I'm using Oracle 8.1.7.0 on WL 6.0.

I figured out that I had to set my pool configuration info as follows:
(I set up all my connection pools using the Admin console)

URL---> jdbc:oracle:thin:@myMachineNameHere:1521:mySIDHere
Driver Name---> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
Properties-->
user=scott
password=tiger

My PATH looks like:
set PATH=;%ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib;%WL_HOME%\bin;%WL_HOME%\bin\oci817_8;%PATH%

(%WL_HOME%\bin\oci817_8 is probably not necessary for you.)

My CLASSPATH looks like:

set CLASSPATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;%ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip;%ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\nls_charset12.zip;.;%WL_HOME%\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;%WL_HOME%\lib\weblogic.jar;%WL_HOME%\samples\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar;

Hope this helps.