WLS 6.1 / JDBCPool - oraclePool config in web.xml / need to 'enable'

Mike Reiche

Nov 16, 2001, 12:03:44 PM11/16/01

When running the 'example' server with WLS 6.1, I wanted to use the oraclePool
instead of the demoPool (cloudscape) a data source. I aimed the oraclePool at
my Oracle DB, but when I startup WLS, it tells me 'oraclePool does not exist'.
I look in the console and it does exist. Turns out I need go to Servers -> exampleServer
-> Services -> JDBC and move oraclePool from 'Available' to 'Chosen' to be able
to use it. Comparing the before and after config.xml files - I don't see any difference.
Just what does moving from Available to Chosen do?

Mike

Deepak Vohra

Nov 30, 2001, 11:50:11 AM11/30/01
Mike

By choosing a Coonection Pool , the chosen Connection Pool is assigned to a server.

Deepak

richard

Dec 1, 2001, 12:13:00 AM12/1/01
I have the same prob.(I use WLS6.0 sp2)-- It says "oraclePool does not exist", but it is actually is there. I checked the targets and the examplesServer is in the "Chosen".
Also when I use the dbping utils, it throws this message:
Missing license file for: WebLogic Server 6.0
Missing license file for: WebLogic Server 6.0
java.sql.SQLException: Fail to load jDriver/Oracle due to license checking failed!
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.loadLibraryIfNeeded(Driver.java:158)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:57)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at utils.Schema.main(Schema.java:121)
Could not make database connection

Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot!