ArrayIndexOutOfBoundException when using Callable Statement in Weblogic 8.1

Rajan Desai

Oct 15, 2003, 10:24:11 AM10/15/03

Hi all,

We recently ported our application from 6.1 to 8.1.
I have noticed the following exception in 8.1 (which was working fine in 6.1)

[ERROR] nfusion.admin.UpdateBureauLogin.5 131575 2003-10-15 16:21:58,385 Exception
caught
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl._getDBItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:303)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl._createOrGetDBItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:542)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBDataSetImpl.setBytesBindItem(DBDataSetImpl.java:1642)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setItem(OraclePreparedStatement.java:745)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setString(OraclePreparedStatement.java:1083)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.PreparedStatement.setString(PreparedStatement.java:415)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.businessobject.bureau.dao.DefaultBureauLoginDao.store(DefaultBureauLoginDao.java:200)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.businessobject.bureau.BureauManagerBean.updateBureauLogins(BureauManagerBean.java:940)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.businessobject.bureau.BureauManagerBean.setDetails(BureauManagerBean.java:424)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.businessobject.bureau.BureauManagerBean_lptk9u_EOImpl.setDetails(BureauManagerBean_lptk9u_EOImpl.java:46)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.businessservice.admin.UpdateBureauLoginHandler.execute(UpdateBureauLoginHandler.java:73)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.platform.requestproxy.RequestProxyBean.execute(RequestProxyBean.java:155)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.platform.requestproxy.RequestProxyBean_vc5299_EOImpl.execute(RequestProxyBean_vc5299_EOImpl.java:46)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.platform.requestdelegate.AbstractRequestDelegate.invokeProxy(AbstractRequestDelegate.java:135)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.platform.requestdelegate.HTMLRequestDelegate.execute(HTMLRequestDelegate.java:240)
at com.ecredit.nfusion.platform.inboundadapter.HTTPInboundAdapter.service(HTTPInboundAdapter.java:184)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1053)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:387)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:305)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6291)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:97)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3575)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2573)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)

I am not able to figure out why this is happening in WL 8.1 and is working fine
in 6.1.

We are using Oracle 8.1.7 database. I have downloaded the thin driver for 8.1.7
(classes12.zip) and have included it before the weblogic jar files (in the startWeblogic.sh
file).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
-Rajan

Mitesh Patel

Oct 15, 2003, 11:34:24 AM10/15/03
to Rajan Desai
In 8.1, default oracle thin driver is changed from 817 to 920. This might be bug in new oracle driver.
Please put classes12.zip file from oracle 817 version, that might resolve your problem.

Thanks,
Mitesh

Mitesh Patel

Rajan Desai

Oct 16, 2003, 10:53:41 AM10/16/03

I already have classes12.zip for Oracle 8.1.7 in my class path (before weblogic.jar
file).
Inspite of that it is giving this error.

Any other suggestion to resolve this problem?

-RD

Joseph Weinstein

Oct 16, 2003, 11:49:30 AM10/16/03
to Rajan Desai

Rajan Desai wrote:

> I already have classes12.zip for Oracle 8.1.7 in my class path (before weblogic.jar
> file).
> Inspite of that it is giving this error.
>
> Any other suggestion to resolve this problem?

Yes, but just to be sure, would you show us the first 20 or so lines of the server log?
It should have a line describing the actual java command that starts the server, including
the class path that the startup script assembles for this line.
Thanks,
Joe