Oralce BLOB Problem !!!!

James Bond

Apr 17, 2002, 12:52:24 AM4/17/02

Hi all :

I get a problem in writing binary data into oracle BLOB DB Column.

I follow the steps as below :
1. Insert Empty BLOB
2. Select BLOB column
3. Get OutputStream
4. Write OutputStream
5. Close all.

The procedure work totally fine.
But Out of Ten, there are 3 to 4 times fail.
and with the following error :

java.io.IOException: ORA-08177: ??????????
ORA-06512: ? "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 700
ORA-06512: ? line 1

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.SQLToIOException(DBError.java:531)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.flushBuffer(OracleBlobOutpu
tStream.java:179)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.write(OracleBlobOutputStrea
m.java:125)
at jsp_servlet._processimageupload._jspService(_processimageupload.java:
248)

Do all of you get any idea of that ??

WL Version : 5.1 (sp10)
Oracle : 8.1.7

Thanks,
007

Gordon Twaddell

Apr 17, 2002, 9:19:36 AM4/17/02
You've run into a known Oracle behavior with the combination of
Oracle's optimistic locking and the "serializable" transaction isolation
level.

The short answer solution is to move back to the "read committed"
transaction isolation level
and use explicit locking in your SQL only when you need exclusive access
(select ... for update). I believe
that in later WLS releases, BEA has added support for this work around in
their CMP.
I personally have only used BMP and sprinkled a few "for updates" where
needed.

Gordon

"James Bond" <lawst...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message

James Bond

Apr 17, 2002, 9:37:50 PM4/17/02

It works. Thanks, Gordon

linmin

Apr 18, 2002, 3:28:03 AM4/18/02
I still have a question in Oracle 8.1.7.
I have 3 ways to insert a object into a blob column, but also have a size
limitied (4000 bytes).

Can anyone give me some tips?

Regards
linmin

Gordon Twaddell

Apr 18, 2002, 9:08:45 AM4/18/02
linmin,
Could you give us a little more information.
What are the 3 options you're considering?
Do you want a 4000 byte limit or are you running into a 4000 limit
that you don't want? I assume the later.

Gordon

"linmin" <lin...@bug.com.cn> wrote in message