Help creating WL 6.2 Connection Pool with Oracle 9i

David B. Saul

Sep 7, 2002, 8:12:13 PM9/7/02
I am trying to connect with Oracle 9i with the thin driver.
Could someone enlighten me on the correct settings through WL 6.1 SP 2?
Here are my JDBCConnection Pool settings:

<JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
MaxCapacity="7" Name="MyPool"
Properties="user=scott;password=tiger;dll=ocijdbc9;protocol=thin"
ShrinkPeriodMinutes="1" TestConnectionsOnRelease="true"
TestConnectionsOnReserve="true" TestTableName="dual"
URL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@DATA9"/>

When I started this process I was receiving the error message: No Suitable
Driver
I then downloaded another driver from Oracle OTN and that error changed.
Here is an excerpt of the current error message:

Distributed update exception
- remote object: mydomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig
- remote server: weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl@127627
- actionName: addDeployment
- params: [Ljava.lang.Object;@5d9afc
- signature: [Ljava.lang.String;@6a45c4
Distributed update exception
- remote object: mydomain:Location=myserver,Name=myserver,Type=ServerConfig
- remote server: weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl@127627
weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: SO Exception was generated
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)

thanks
Dave

William Kemp

Sep 9, 2002, 3:30:21 PM9/9/02
Not sure about the error, but the name of the Oracle jdbc driver class is:

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

not:

oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Bill