utils.dbping -> LOGIN ERROR CODE: ORA-24327

Bhavin Raichura

Oct 3, 2001, 5:12:01 AM10/3/01
Hi All,

I am facing the following problem with utils.dbping

D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\examples>java utils.dbping ORACLE SFA SFA SANSKRUT
Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....
---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
Error encountered:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating
a u
ser - (SFA/********@SANSKRUT)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:161)
at weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:112)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:146)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:167)

Can anyone please help me out there ?

Thanks in advance.

Bhavin Raichura

Joseph Weinstein

Oct 3, 2001, 1:13:45 PM10/3/01
to Bhavin Raichura

You probably don't have the ORACLE_HOME environment variable set correctly.
Is there an entry labelled SANSKRUT in your tnsnames.ora file?

Kazuaki Miyauchi

Oct 3, 2001, 10:29:08 PM10/3/01

"Bhavin Raichura" <bhavin....@sanskrut.com> wrote:
>I am facing the following problem with utils.dbping
>
>D:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\examples>java utils.dbping ORACLE SFA SFA SANSKRUT
>Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....
>---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
>Error encountered:
>java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating

Probably you know, but "oerr ora 24327" shows error hint.

Regards,