Can not conect the DB

ManHing

Jul 11, 2001, 3:58:27 AM7/11/01

I am trying to get conection with Oracle 8.1.5 by using weblogic 6.0 (Linux 7.0).
When I use the dbping program to test the connection, I get following problem.

java.sql.SQLException: System.loadLibrary threw java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
with the message '/wlserver6.0/lib/linux/ora8.1.6_oci8/jdk13_jni/
libweblogicoci37.so: libclntsh.so.8.0: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory'.
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.loadLibraryIfNeeded(Driver.java:202)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:57)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:146)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:167)

I had tried to find the file(?) "libclntsh.so.8.0", but it does not exists.
So could any one help me. I have spend 2 days on this problem.

hing

Mike Reiche

Jul 11, 2001, 2:09:46 PM7/11/01

the libclntsh file is an Oracle client library. You need to install the Oracle
client software. If you do not have Oracle Client software, you can use Type 4
drivers which require only classes12.zip

Mike

Dimitri Maesfranckx

Jul 24, 2001, 9:47:14 AM7/24/01
Dear Hing,

The libclntsh.so is one of the libraries that come with the Oracle client.
The jDriver is a type 2 JDBC driver or a driver that converts JDBC calls
into calls on the client API for Oracle (OCI).
This driver requires that some platform dependent binary code be loaded on
each system where you use the driver.

If you don't have access to this these OCI client pieces, I advice you to
try a type 3 or 4 driver.
Both types are pure java and do not require the OCI client.
More info about the driver types can be found on
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/driverdesc.html.

You also might want to have a look at the Merant DataDirect SequeLink
driver.
A free eval is available at www.merant.com/datadirect.

Cheers,
Dimitri