Error executing prepared statement in wl61, oracle817

Ravindra Sahasrabudhe

Nov 12, 2001, 9:34:22 PM11/12/01

We are migrating from wl51 to wl61 and oracle805 to oracle817. We use
weblogic's oracle jdbc driver.

I have prepared statement like "select name, descr from name_table where
name = ?"

This statement works in wl51 and oracle805 but gives following exception on
wl61 and oracle817. If I replace ? with hardcoded value it works fine.

Thanks
-Ravi
ra...@webango.com

Start server side stack trace:
com.webango.util.exception.AppServerExceptionC: null; nested exception is:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable
conversion requested

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion
requested
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion
requested
at weblogic.db.oci.OciCursor.getCDAException(OciCursor.java:240)
at weblogic.jdbc.oci.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:916)
at
weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:51)

kumaran

Nov 13, 2001, 12:03:05 AM11/13/01

Verify your value passed to the PreparedStatement during execution. If I am not
wrong I suspect that you may supply data's with different data type which oracle
cannot convert implicitly.

Best Of luck