wls 6.1, oracle 9i jdbc, ora 1009

Shana Bertram

Feb 21, 2002, 2:40:41 PM2/21/02
when doing an Statement.executeQuery() insert of any type, straight jdbc
from wls 6.1 to oracle 9i (using Oracle's 9i JDBC drivers), I get the
following error:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01009: missing mandatory parameter

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:180)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)

Although the insert seems to work okay (new valid row created)

Anyone using this setup noticed anything unusual. BTW, these inserts are
done as statements. If I use PreparedStatements I don't get get an error,
but I don't get a new row in the table either.

Sree Bodapati

Feb 21, 2002, 4:18:27 PM2/21/02
This might be a problem with SQL, check the syntax. Can you duplicate it
with a simple java client program?

/
sree

"Shana Bertram" <sber...@spam.fedex.com> wrote in message

Shana Bertram

Feb 22, 2002, 9:51:27 AM2/22/02
I can cut/paste the sql string into SQL*Plus and it works.

I can use a simple java client to to do the connect/insert and I get the
Oracle error.

I finally utilized the DataSource connection instead of going direct. Now
inserts work, but they just do not work through a direct thin driver
connect.

Shana