Weblogic 8.1 Connection Pool and jta

Eddie Baue

Jul 31, 2003, 5:09:07 PM7/31/03

Hi ! I am getting the below exception while migrating my application from weblogic
6.1sp2 to weblogic 8.1. When I migrate to weblogic 7.0 sp2 there are no problems.

The problem occurs specifically when I save an record using a container managed
transaction thru a stateless session bean. The save itself works, but when I
refresh my JSP, I get the following exception. Keep in mind that the same application
works fine in 7.0.

Thanks,
Eddie

java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection: driverURL = jdbc:weblogic:pool:Sybdev07Pool,
props = {enableTwoPhaseCommit=true, jdbcTxDataSource=true, connectionPoolID=Sybdev07Pool,
dataSourceName=sdaapadrDB}. Nested Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed
to setAutoCommit to true for pool connection. at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.PoolConnection.init(PoolConnection.java:38)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.allocateConnection(Driver.java:248) at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.connect(Driver.java:158)
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.getNonTxConnection(Driver.java:444) at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.connect(Driver.java:138)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getConnection(RmiDataSource.java:298)
at

Eddie Baue

Aug 4, 2003, 9:59:03 AM8/4/03

In addition to the exception below, which is displayed on the browser, the
weblogic server log has the following error:

####<Aug 1, 2003 11:50:24 AM EDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <6X19DYSZH1ZV> <wla_adruat>
<Finalizer> <<anonymous>> <> <BEA-001074> <A JDBC pool connection leak was detected.
A connection leak occurs when a connection obtained from the pool was not closed
explicitly by calling close() and then was disposed by the garbage collector and
returned to the connection pool. The following stack trace at create shows where
the leaked connection was created. [Null exception passed, creating stack trace
for offending caller]
at weblogic.utils.StackTraceUtils.throwable2StackTrace(StackTraceUtils.java:28)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.PoolConnection.finalize(PoolConnection.java:69)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)
at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:160)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

Slava Imeshev

Aug 4, 2003, 2:35:13 PM8/4/03
Hi Eddie,

"Eddie Baue" <getmyem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In addition to the exception below, which is displayed on the browser,
the
> weblogic server log has the following error:
>
> ####<Aug 1, 2003 11:50:24 AM EDT> <Warning> <JDBC> <6X19DYSZH1ZV>
<wla_adruat>
> <Finalizer> <<anonymous>> <> <BEA-001074> <A JDBC pool connection leak was
detected.
> A connection leak occurs when a connection obtained from the pool was not
closed
> explicitly by calling close() and then was disposed by the garbage
collector and
> returned to the connection pool. The following stack trace at create shows
where
> the leaked connection was created. [Null exception passed, creating stack
trace
> for offending caller]
> at
weblogic.utils.StackTraceUtils.throwable2StackTrace(StackTraceUtils.java:28)
> at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.PoolConnection.finalize(PoolConnection.java:69)
> at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)
> at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)
> at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:160)

The only case it's possible is when the weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.PoolConnection
failed during instantiation process and GC kicked in before the
Throwable holding stack trace at create was initialized.

I believe this is the result of the exception below and you can not see
this under normal circumstances.

Regards,

Slava Imeshev