throw sqlexception: broken pipe when executing sql or other related code

CottonXu

Mar 29, 2004, 5:04:50 AM3/29/04

My env is:
weblogic 704 + oracle 8i, use datasource to create conneciton pool with 10 connections
when weblogic starts, but when I execute some sql , the system throwed out:
java.sql.SQLException: Io Exception: Broken pipe
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:333)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.open(OracleStatement.java:560)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2778)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:608)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeQuery(OraclePreparedStatement.java:536)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:53)
at com.ztsoft.ejb.dao.EntityDAO.readClobToFile(Unknown Source)
at com.ztsoft.ejb.dao.SL_FileContentTbDAO.readClob2(Unknown Source)
at com.ztsoft.ejb.sessionbean.MainHandlerBean.readClobToFile(Unknown Source)
at com.ztsoft.ejb.sessionbean.MainHandlerBean_oejxo1_ELOImpl.readClobToFile(MainHandlerBean_oejxo1_ELOImpl.java:531)
at com.ztsoft.web.servlet.GetResultActionServlet.service(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1075)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:418)

How can I solve ? thanks, this is very urgent, help me..

Joe Weinstein

Mar 29, 2004, 11:07:26 AM3/29/04
to CottonXu

CottonXu wrote:

> My env is:
> weblogic 704 + oracle 8i, use datasource to create conneciton pool with 10 connections
> when weblogic starts, but when I execute some sql , the system throwed out:
> java.sql.SQLException: Io Exception: Broken pipe
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)

Hi. This indicates a problem between the oracle driver version and the DBMS
version. The first thing to do is to go to oracle's download site and get
their latest version of the thin driver that is appropriate for your DBMS
and JVM, and then edit your startWeblogic script so the new driver is ahead
of the weblogic.jar in the -classpath argument for the commandline that
starts the server.
Joe