Getting error when using Oracle 9i database from weblogic server 6.1 using oracle 9i thin driver (after removing 8i driver from weblogic.jar)

Thirugnanam Subbiah

Jan 16, 2002, 2:11:48 PM1/16/02

Our Environment:
Database: oracle 9i
App. Server: Weblogic 6.1
Driver: oracle 9i thin driver

As suggested in your documentation I removed oracle 8i driver directory from weblogic.jar
made that as weblogic_without_8idriver.jar (used this in servers classpath)
(http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/jdbc/thirdparty.html - documentation is having
mistakes - that I will give it in documentation group. Hint on documentation mistakes:
(1) Need to add manifest file (2) works only on Unix platform because directory
names are same for two but different case [com and COM])

No issue when I start the weblogic server but when I try to get Connection from
DataSource I am getting below error..
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/oci/OCIAppFailoverCbk
at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:742)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRuntimeDescriptor.initRemoteMethods(BasicRuntimeDescriptor.java:486)

whether weblogic server 6.1 uses OCI driver?
FYI: This class (oracle.jdbc.oci.OCIAppFailoverCbk) is not found in classes12.zip
of oracle 9i thin driver.

please advice me what is the fix for this.

Thanks
Thiru

Humphrey

Jan 22, 2002, 10:32:09 AM1/22/02
Hello I was getting the same error, try adding the original
weblogic.jar into your classpath also - this is so that the missing
class file can be picked up from it.
I don't know why the file is missing - I would be interested to know
if BEA have made an error in the docs, or otherwise.

Regards