WLS 6.1, Oracle 9i, Linux

mike

Apr 3, 2002, 11:59:15 PM4/3/02

Recently I got problems connecting to 9i on Linux. I followed advice to use thin
driver and was able to create connection pool. Now I have entity bean problem.
My create() methods work just fine -- records go to database as they should. But
finders die with the following exception:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: javax.ejb.FinderException: Problem
in findByPrimaryKey while preparing or executing statement: 'weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialPreparedStatement@43b64f':

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1],
[0], [], [], [], [], [], []

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [ttcgcshnd-1],
[0], [], [], [], [], [], []

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1405)
at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:889)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1681)

My object has a single attribute PK, which is of type Long. If I use another finder
to get all (select object(o) from Sequence, for example) exception is exactly
the same. Ideas welcome ;)

BTW: the same code works when running on NT connected to "real" Oracle 8 on Solaris.
This brings thought of bug in the driver. If the thought is right, is there a
work around?

Thanks for your help.

mike

Apr 4, 2002, 12:16:02 AM4/4/02

Sorry for the trouble, please ignore this message. For those interested see http://www.oracle-error.com/ora-00600.htm

Sree Bodapati

Apr 4, 2002, 10:50:54 AM4/4/02
Hi Mike,

Try a newer version of the driver from Oracle , that should take care of it,
they had some problems getting the 817 driver talk to the 901 db which
showed up this exception. So they have thin driver patches. as you point out
if it still doesn't resolve the problem, you know who to get it touch with
:) oracle support.

/
sree

"mike" <mik...@shaw.ca> wrote in message