Problems connecting WebLogic to Oracle DB

Marco Corvo

Nov 15, 2001, 5:19:01 AM11/15/01

We're trying to connect to an Oracle DB via JDBC using weblogic 5.10 on an HPUX
machine. The connection strings are very simple:

DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
Connection con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@"host":"port":"SID","Username","Password");

but we get always this message:

java.sql.SQLException: System.loadLibrary threw java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
with the message 'no weblogicoci36 in java.library.path'.
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:116)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:457)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:156)

It seems that Weblogic (or Oracle) has no drivers for connecting.
We're trying with "thin" drivers. Where can we find them? And where should we
put them to work?

Thanks

Marco Corvo

Sree Bodapati

Nov 15, 2001, 9:12:31 AM11/15/01
Hi Marco,

you can start from here:
http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/classdocs/jdbcdrivers.html#1127064

weblogic ships with Type 2 Oracle driver as well.

hth
/
sree

"Marco Corvo" <fe...@ciaoweb.it> wrote in message

Joseph Weinstein

Nov 15, 2001, 5:43:13 PM11/15/01
to Marco Corvo

Marco Corvo wrote:

> We're trying to connect to an Oracle DB via JDBC using weblogic 5.10 on an HPUX
> machine. The connection strings are very simple:
>
> DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
> Connection con=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@"host":"port":"SID","Username","Password");

This should work in a standalone program. Does it?

> but we get always this message:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: System.loadLibrary threw java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
> with the message 'no weblogicoci36 in java.library.path'.
> at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:116)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:457)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)
> at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:156)

This is from dbping, trying to use our type-2 driver. In order to use
a type-2 driver, you would need the Oracle client installed on that machine,
and would need to add the Oracle libraries and our driver libraries to your
library load path in your HPUX environment.

> It seems that Weblogic (or Oracle) has no drivers for connecting.
> We're trying with "thin" drivers. Where can we find them? And where should we
> put them to work?

The thin driver should work fine without libraries etc. Just add the classes12.zip
(including the full path) to the weblogic.classpath variable, by editting the
startWebLogic script.