need help on weblogic jdriver for oracle

1 view

Wei Liu

Apr 18, 2001, 1:50:31 PM4/18/01
HI,
I downloaded weblogic jdriver for oracle, installed it. I had oracle 8
installed on my machine already. I made ORACLE_HOME\bin the very first thing
in my path and also added WEBLOGIC_OCI_DIR\bin\oci815_8 in the path. I could
use sqlplus to connect to my oracle database, but using the weblogic jdbc, I
always get the following exception, no matter how I tried it: using
weblogic, seperated application or using utils.dbping. My os is winNT4.
Could anybody tell me what might go wrong? Helps are greatly appriciated.

Wei

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

Error encountered:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating
a u
ser - (username/********@dbname@server)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:143)

at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:157)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:457)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:156)

Slava Imeshev

Apr 18, 2001, 4:33:51 PM4/18/01
Hi Wei,

This exception mean that driver can not find
specified database. In your case you need
to correct URL to the following form:

@hostname:portNumber:databaseName

or @server:dbname

Regards,