how to configure connection pool for oracle8i?

shelly

Apr 1, 2002, 2:16:45 AM4/1/02
My connection pool "broad" 's properties is:
url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.143.132.107:1521:orcl0
driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
props=user=broad,password=broad

when I started the weblogic 6.1,it show the following error:

<Mar 4, 2002 2:03:14 PM CST> <Error> <JDBC> <Cannot startup connection pool "bro
ad" weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the
connection
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:323)

what's the matter about it?and how can I do?

Teju Ajani

Apr 1, 2002, 7:54:25 PM4/1/02

Shelly,

Such exceptions are usually indicative of network issues and not necessarily a
weblogic issue.

Here's what Oracle says about that exception in particular.

"SQLException: The network adapter could not establish the connection"

(This is likely a general configuration issue, not something specific to your
code.)

The message: "The network adapter could not establish the connection." means one
of two things:

1.The host could not be reached or does not exist. Please use the ping program
to verify that the host is accessible on the network.
2.The host does not have a TNS listener running on the specified IP address.
You can use the Net8 Configuration assistant to configure a database listener
for
TCP/IP. Alternarively -for example under Unix- you can do this by editing
your listener.ora file, adding an additional line to:
LISTENER = (ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=oracle-sid)) )
as follows:
LISTENER = (ADDRESS_LIST=
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=oracle-sid))
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=hostname)(PORT=port)) )
Now you must stop and then re-start your listener to pick up the new settings:

lsnrctl stop; lsnrctl start

You would probably encounter this error even when weblogic is not in the picture
, so I suspect that there might be something incorrect in the settings above on
your system and advise that you check again.

Hope this helps,
-Teju