Connection pool creation error

Joseph Weinstein

Mar 5, 2002, 7:54:51 PM3/5/02
to Sunish
Hi. I think your pool definition can change. I don't think you need the properties
dll=ocijdbc8 or protocol=thin because you will use no DLL with the thin protocol, and thin
is already defined in the URL. Also, I don't see a password defined in the properties.

Sunish wrote:

> I am trying to run a Trade application on Weblogic. My machine name is "sabre4".I
> have created under c:\bea\wlserver6.1\config\Tradedomain and under tradedomain\applications\i
> have my TradeSample.ear file. I have a local Oracle Database with SID TRADEDBwhich
> has all the data for the application. DBuser name and password are "trade"and
> "trade" respectively. I am ataching my config file here When i start the Starttrade.cmdfile..
> i get the following errors
>
> Starting WebLogic Server ....
> <Mar 5, 2002 5:06:21 PM MST> <Notice> <Management> <Loading configuration file
> \config\Tradedomain\config.xml ...>
> <Mar 5, 2002 5:06:24 PM MST> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <Starting WebLogic Admin
> Server "sabre4" for domain "Tradedomain">
> <Mar 5, 2002 5:06:30 PM MST> <Error> <JDBC> <Cannot startup connection pool "tra
> dePool" weblogic.common.ResourceException:
> Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
> java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:210)
> at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:857)
> at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:189)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:246)
>
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.ja
> va:365)
> at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Sunish

> Name: config.xml
> config.xml Type: XML Document (text/xml)
> Encoding: base64

Slava Imeshev

Mar 5, 2002, 8:02:53 PM3/5/02
Hi Sanish,

You need to replace

Password=trade;User=Trade

password=trade;user=Trade

Regards,

Slava Imeshev

"Sunish" <sunish....@intel.com> wrote in message

Udit Singh

Mar 6, 2002, 10:27:00 AM3/6/02

Joe,
I think these two properties i.e. dll and protocol , are added by weblogic and
not by user. I do not see a choice to remove these properties. You will probably
know better. Is it correct??
Udit

Sunish

Mar 6, 2002, 1:01:34 PM3/6/02

Thanks Slava. - That resolved the issue

Joe, as Udit said, the dll and protocol are put in by weblogic server when we
specify the thin JDBC drivers

Thanks,
Sunish

Joseph Weinstein

Mar 6, 2002, 1:41:16 PM3/6/02
to Udit Singh

Udit Singh wrote:

> Joe,
> I think these two properties i.e. dll and protocol , are added by weblogic and
> not by user. I do not see a choice to remove these properties. You will probably
> know better. Is it correct??
> Udit

I am told our code adds it. Odd...

Slava Imeshev