Oracle 9i JDBC on Windows

David Roytenberg

Jan 7, 2002, 4:34:28 PM1/7/02
Hello,

Has anyone succeeded in connecting to a 9i server using the 817 OCI
JDBC
drivers shipped with WLS 6.0?

I have installed the Oracle 9i personal edition. Is there any
reason that the
personal edition should not be able to accept JDBC connections?

When I attempt to create the pool I get the output included below.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

David Roytenberg

Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
<Jan 7, 2002 11:20:45 AM EST> <Error> <JDBC Connection
Pool> <Cannot startup connection pool "oracle
Pool" weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver
exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach
before authenticating a user - (scott/*******
*@localhost)
at
weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:161)
at
weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:92)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(ConnectionEnvFactory.ja

va:158)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(ConnectionEnvFactory.ja

va:114)
at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources(ResourceAllocator.java:653)

at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>(ResourceAllocator.java:261)

at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup(ConnectionPool.java:695)

at
weblogic.jdbc.common.JDBCService.addDeployment(JDBCService.java:108)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:32

7)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:2

77)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeployments(DeploymentTarg

et.java:232)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(DeploymentTarget.jav

a:192)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native
Method)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:562)

at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:548)

at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:28

5)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)

at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)

at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:439)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:180)
at $Proxy41.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeployments(ServerMBean_C

achingStub.java:2299)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManager(ApplicationManage

r.java:240)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(ApplicationManager.java:122)

[...]

at $Proxy35.start(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.start(ApplicationMa

nagerMBean_CachingStub.java:435)
at
weblogic.management.Admin.startApplicationManager(Admin.java:1033)
at
weblogic.management.Admin.finish(Admin.java:493)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:429)
at
weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:170)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(ConnectionEnvFactory.ja

va:173)
[...]

<Jan 7, 2002 11:21:05 AM EST> <Notice>
<WebLogicServer> <WebLogic Server started>
<Jan 7, 2002 11:21:05 AM EST> <Notice>
<WebLogicServer> <ListenThread listening on port 7001>
<Jan 7, 2002 11:21:05 AM EST> <Notice>
<WebLogicServer> <SSLListenThread listening on port 7002>

Slava Imeshev

Jan 7, 2002, 6:53:44 PM1/7/02
Hi David,

The message you received means that oracle driver can not
get a connection using given name, password, and server name.

To get your weblogic 6.0 running against oracle 9i, you need
to do a couple of things.

First, you need to download new JDBC driver for 9i from
http://otn.oracle.com and install it.

Then, you will need to check your server name, user name
and password you used to setup up the connection pool to
be correct. Check also if the server name you supplied in URL
matches one in the tnsnames.ora (as for me, I don't like localhost
I see).

Regards,

Slava Imeshev

"David Roytenberg" <droyt...@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

David Roytenberg

Jan 7, 2002, 9:40:08 PM1/7/02
Hi Slava,

Thanks for the reply. I just
got it working. As you pointed
out I was using the wrong value for
the "server", actually the database name
which is mapped to a hostname in tnsnames.ora.
I originally used the database name as the server name
in the connection pool and it didn't work, but
that's because the hostname I chose when installing
Oracle was not mapped to the local IP in my machine's
hosts file. I added the entry to the hosts file.
(c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

However, I succeeded in creating the pool
with the BEA oracle driver that comes with WebLogic 6.0.
As far as I can find there is no 9.0.1 driver available
yet for Windows and that's the platform I'm
putting together for my development work.

Of course, all I've done so far is create the
pool. Haven't actually tried any DB transactions
yet. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

David Roytenberg

Slava Imeshev

Jan 7, 2002, 10:27:15 PM1/7/02