ORACLE OCI Driver Connection POOL

Tom

Jun 11, 2001, 3:17:00 PM6/11/01

Config:

Solaris 2.7, Oracle 8.1.6, WLS 5.10 sp9

I am trying to setup a connection Pool using Oracles OCI driver (classes12.zip).

I got the Oracle thin driver working but not the OCI driver.

I have set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the $ORACLE_HOME/lib directory
and the CLASSPATH to include the oracle classes12.zip file.

Here is my configuration out of the weblogic
properties file:

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool=\
url=jdbc:oracle:oci8:@TNSNAME_HERE,\
driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
loginDelaySecs=0,\
initialCapacity=5,\
maxCapacity=10,\
capacityIncrement=10,\
allowShrinking=true,\
shrinkPeriodMins=15,\
refreshMinutes=10,\
testTable=dual,\
props=user=testuser;password=test;

I get the following error:

Mon Jun 11 14:10:47 EDT 2001:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create connection pool
"oraclePool"
weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12545

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.check_error(OCIDBAccess.java:1597)
at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:354)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:246)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(ConnectionEnvFactory.java:146)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(ConnectionEnvFactory.java:108)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom.

Joseph Weinstein

Jun 11, 2001, 4:58:58 PM6/11/01
to Tom

Hi Tom.

That Oracle message is:

12545, 00000, "TNS:name lookup failure"
// *Cause: A protocol specific ADDRESS parameter cannot be resolved.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly;
// the most likely incorrect value is the node name.

Please try getting Oracle's driver to work for you in a small standalone
program, with no WebLogic code in the picture, and then we can
translate the successful URL and properties to a pool definition.
Joe

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is expanding rapidly, with both entry and advanced positions
for people who want to work with Java, XML, SOAP and E-Commerce infrastructure products.