SQLException: Error accessing jdbc driver

Mukul Joshi

Nov 12, 2002, 6:06:04 AM11/12/02

Hi Brian

Did you manage to solve this problem??

I am getting a similar problem. But this occurs
as soon as I access my application, even though I
have sufficient number of connections in the Pool.

Thanks

Mukul

"Brian Sorkin" <br...@overture.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the response.
>
>1. A resource leak would be a definite possibility, except that we don't
>have
>this problem with weblogic's OCI driver (jdriver). We DO see the exception
>2 or
>3 times a day with the jdriver, but new connections become available
>even after
>seeing it. With the thin driver there is no such "recovery". We are investigating
>a connection leak nonetheless.
>
>2. Are you implying code that calls DataSource.getConnection() in a loop
>until
>it succeeds? If so, then we are not doing that. We call it once and propagate
>any exceptions.
>
>We are using Weblogic6.1 SP2 on Solaris 2.8. The machine is a Solaris
>420r, has
>4 CPUs (450MHZ SPARC 2 each) and 4GB RAM.
>
>-Brian
>
>"Sree Bodapati" <po...@bea.newsgroup.iwillreply> wrote:
>>Hi Brian
>>
>>Reasons for this:
>>1. Open connections in the application code that are not being released
>>back
>>to the pool.
>>2. Waiting for a connection from the pool in the application code. This
>>would essentially lockup the execute threads.
>>
>>can you post the thread dump here? and also whats the machine -
>>speed,processors, etc.
>>
>>What version of WLS are you using?
>>
>>/
>>sree
>>

>>"Brian Sorkin" <br...@overture.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> We launched the oracle 8.1.7 thin driver to a single production weblogic
>>> server today (it was previously using the JDriver). It worked very
>>well
>>for the
>>> first hour. Quite suddenly, however,
>>> we began to get the following stack trace whenever calling
>>> DataSource.getConnection() :
>>>
>>> java.sql.SQLException: Error accessing jdbc driver: driverURL =
>>> jdbc:weblogic:pool:srPool, props = {connectionPoolID=srPool,
>>> enableTwoPhaseCommit=false}
>>> at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.wrapAndThrowSQLException(Driver.java:272)
>>> at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.getNonTxConnection(Driver.java:326)
>>> at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.connect(Driver.java:120)
>>> at
>>>
>>weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getConnection(RmiDataSource.java
>>:214)
>>>
>>> So, no exceptions for an hour, then this exception several times a
>>second.
>>> At the same time, the Execute Queue Length started filling up,
>>> ConnectionPoolWaiters jumped, and the server became essentially unusable.
>>> I took 2 thread dumps 10 minutes apart once the server began acting
>>up.
>>> I don't know if it helps, but here are the results (we have 80 threads
>>in
>>the
> [...]

Mukul Joshi

Nov 12, 2002, 6:55:18 AM11/12/02

Hi

Managed to solve this problem.

It was occurring because i had provided 'ACLName' in my
pool configuration. But WLS throws up SQLException about
not able to access Driver, when it should have been a
SecurityException.

Anyway. Thanks for all the discussions on the newsgroup.
It helps to log the problems faced by other developers.

Thanks

Mukul