Connection pool with JDBC Driver that does not support getTransactionIsolation

Michael Reiche

Jun 10, 2003, 5:11:41 PM6/10/03

I am trying to create a connection pool - apparently this database does not support
getTransactionIsolation() and creation of the pool fails. Is there any way to
get WLS to ignore the error?

- Mike

*Connection.getTransactionIsolation : (Jsql_get_CES_attr_integer) jobHandle=5533008,
HandleType=67, Attribute=108
|0: 0

|0: 106
SQLException: SQLState(S1C00) vendor code(106)
Connection close called with cl=easysoft.rpc.Client@19c3236

<Jun 10, 2003 12:53:44 PM PDT> <Info> <JDBC> <BEA-001068> <Connection for
pool "ezsoftexcel" created.>
<Jun 10, 2003 12:53:46 PM PDT> <Error> <JDBC> <BEA-001150> <Connection Pool
"ezsoftexcel" deployment failed with the following erro
: 0:[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Optional feature not implemented .>
<Jun 10, 2003 12:53:46 PM PDT> <Info> <JDBC> <BEA-001156> <Stack trace
associated with message 001150 follows:

weblogic.common.ResourceException: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Optional
feature not implemented
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Connection
EnvFactory.java:139)
at

Joseph Weinstein

Jun 10, 2003, 5:51:16 PM6/10/03
to Michael Reiche

Michael Reiche wrote:

> I am trying to create a connection pool - apparently this database does not support
> getTransactionIsolation() and creation of the pool fails. Is there any way to
> get WLS to ignore the error?
>
> - Mike

Not with the standard server. We all rely on the standards, and I do not know what
level of JDBC had getTransactionIsolation() as optional... If the customer case is
sufficiently strong, we might be able to make a one-off patch that would ignore the
error. Note that is is dangerous to use a JDBC driver that doesn't implement the
most heavily-trafficked parts of the spec (transaction-related). Also, beware of
the jdbc-odbc bridge. We cannot support it's use because it is not thread-safe.
Joe