PreparedStatementCacheSize prob. with JConnect 5.2

Brian Dowd

Feb 12, 2002, 9:46:40 AM2/12/02

Hi ,
I have recently been migrating a weblogic 4.5.1 app to use WL
6.1sp1 and in the process a new JDBCConnectionPool config
attribute was added to a pool "PreparedStatementCacheSize".

When this is set to have a value of "0" everything works fine as
before. If it has higher values I get non-deterministic errors
such as :

java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SA: Prepared Statement: Input parameter not set, index:
0.
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:423)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.TdsParam.prepareForSend(TdsParam.java:88)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ParamManager.checkParams(ParamManager.java:574)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.tds.Tds.rpc(Tds.java:662)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybCallableStatement.sendRpc(SybCallableStatement.java:416)
at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybCallableStatement.executeQuery(SybCallableStatement.java:67)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:51)
at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.internal.PreparedStatementImpl.executeQuery(PreparedStatementImpl.java:54)
at weblogic.jdbc.rmi.SerialPreparedStatement.executeQuery(SerialPreparedStatement.java:43)
............. My code .....

THE SPROC used is fine in every way, I have the feeling that it
is in some way trying to share the connections or else maybe it
thinks the driver/pool are XA compliant.

It uses:
weblogic 6.1sp1
sybase JConnect driver 5.2 (com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
this appears before the weblogic
class of the same name in its jar)

Sybase DB 11.1.1
Non transactional data sources.

What I want to know is -
* Has anyone else seen this problem ?
* Is there a solution to it, where we can get the SPROC
caching without messing up the calls ?

Any help much appreciated.
Brian.

Sree Bodapati

Feb 12, 2002, 10:19:42 AM2/12/02
You will have to install stored procs that Sybase needs to do this, Its a
Sybase driver issue. Please check with your DBA and Sybase to get the ddl
for this so you can install the required stored procedures. There are simlar
posts on this newsgroup, please search this newsgroup to get more info.

http://newsgroups.bea.com

/
sree

"Brian Dowd" <bd...@lehman.com> wrote in message

Joseph Weinstein

Feb 12, 2002, 12:55:24 PM2/12/02
to Brian Dowd

Brian Dowd wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have recently been migrating a weblogic 4.5.1 app to use WL
> 6.1sp1 and in the process a new JDBCConnectionPool config
> attribute was added to a pool "PreparedStatementCacheSize".
>
> When this is set to have a value of "0" everything works fine as
> before. If it has higher values I get non-deterministic errors
> such as :

Hi. This seems to indicate a bug in the Sybase driver, to do with re-using
prepared statements. We ship a version of Sybase's driver, but there is
a later one available from their site. Would you download their latest driver
and put it ahead of any of our stuff in the server classpath, and retry (with cach > 0)?
If the problem still occurs, I'll try to work with you to make a standalone
program that demonstrates the Sybase bug.
Joe