Can someone post a jdbc pool definition from config.xml ?

Mark

Apr 30, 2003, 12:49:02 PM4/30/03
<JDBCConnectionPool ACLName="dynaPool"
DriverName="weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver" LoginDelaySeconds="1"
MaxCapacity="50" Name="WrapPool" Notes="Oracle Pool connection"
Password="{3DES}/f+HiF8wF1RNyibrHAoU7Q=="
Properties="user=wrap_owner;server=helios" RefreshMinutes="1"
ShrinkPeriodMinutes="5" Targets="myserver" TestTableName="tab"
URL="jdbc:weblogic:oracle" XAPassword="{3DES}/f+HiF8wF1RNyibrHAoU7Q=="/>

Mine looks like this, but, I cannot connect ...

Thanks!

Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris

Joseph Weinstein

Apr 30, 2003, 1:21:54 PM4/30/03
to Mark

Mark wrote:

If the pool shows up in the console, the definition is fine. The question is how you
are trying to connect...
Joe

Mark

Apr 30, 2003, 2:30:43 PM4/30/03
Joe, my code currecntly uses:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
conn = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@xxx", "xxx",
"xxx");

Pool name will be WrapPool

Thanks!

"Joseph Weinstein" <joe.rem...@bea.com.remove_this> wrote in message

Joseph Weinstein

Apr 30, 2003, 2:47:29 PM4/30/03
to Mark

Mark wrote:

> Joe, my code currecntly uses:
>
> DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());
> conn = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:@xxx", "xxx",
> "xxx");
>
> Pool name will be WrapPool

Ok, that's the problem. The pool that you showed was using our oracle driver,
but the code above is trying to make a direct (non-pooled) connection using
oracle's own driver. I'll assume you do want to use the pool, and that the pool
is using the correct oracle driver (the one you want, if you have any preference).
You should review our documentation on defining DataSources for our pools,
and using them to get connections. However, if you will describe how you want
to use JDBC connections, in what sort of application code, I will be able to
give you more advice.
Joe

Mark

Apr 30, 2003, 3:24:37 PM4/30/03
From: "Mark" <mark....@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.jdbc
Subject: Re: Can someone post a jdbc pool definition from config.xml ?
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:24:37 -0400

Joe, also, still getting a problem in defining the pool. For example, I get
the following error:

- remote server: weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl@429498
weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
java.sql.SQLException: Pool connect failed: java.sql.SQLException:
Connection Pool aaa does not exist.
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.connect(Driver.java:163)

When I use:

<JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver"
Name="aaa" Password="{3DES}LWiZDkOqmcDnqzXsrfqanw=="
Properties="user=system;server=helios" Targets=""
TestTableName="wrap_user" URL="jdbc:weblogic:pool:aaa"/>
<Realm FileRealm="wl_default_file_realm" Name="wl_default_realm"/>

Do you see anything wrong with this?

Mark

"Joseph Weinstein" <joe.rem...@bea.com.remove_this> wrote in message

Mark

Apr 30, 2003, 7:25:13 PM4/30/03
Here's one that seems to work

<JDBCConnectionPool ACLName="dynaPool"
DriverName="weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver" Name="nukpool"
Password="{3DES}/f+HiF8wF1RNyibrHAoU7Q=="
Properties="user=xxxx;server=helios" Targets="myserver"

URL="jdbc:weblogic:oracle"
XAPassword="{3DES}/f+HiF8wF1RNyibrHAoU7Q=="/>

Joseph Weinstein

Apr 30, 2003, 7:34:50 PM4/30/03
to Mark

Mark wrote:

> Joe, also, still getting a problem in defining the pool. For example, I get
> the following error:
>
> - remote server: weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl@429498
> weblogic.common.ResourceException: weblogic.common.ResourceException:
> Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
> java.sql.SQLException: Pool connect failed: java.sql.SQLException:
> Connection Pool aaa does not exist.
> at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.connect(Driver.java:163)
>
> When I use:
>
> <JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver"
> Name="aaa" Password="{3DES}LWiZDkOqmcDnqzXsrfqanw=="
> Properties="user=system;server=helios" Targets=""
> TestTableName="wrap_user" URL="jdbc:weblogic:pool:aaa"/>
> <Realm FileRealm="wl_default_file_realm" Name="wl_default_realm"/>
>
> Do you see anything wrong with this?

Yes. a pool needs to use a DBMS-specific jdbc driver. The pool driver is
for application code to get access to a pool.
Joe

Mark

May 1, 2003, 9:21:20 AM5/1/03
Joe, I did get the pool created and a data source created and defined to the
pool. Can you provide me with a sample code snipet to access the data source
from a bean?

(I'm new to the java side)

Regards,
Mark

"Joseph Weinstein" <joe.rem...@bea.com.remove_this> wrote in message

Joseph Weinstein

May 1, 2003, 10:37:41 AM5/1/03
to Mark

Mark wrote:

> Joe, I did get the pool created and a data source created and defined to the
> pool. Can you provide me with a sample code snipet to access the data source
> from a bean?
>
> (I'm new to the java side)
>
> Regards,
> Mark

http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/jdbc/programming.html#1031899
Search for "Obtaining a Client Connection Using a DataSource"
Joe