weblogic realm authentication failure getting connection from pool

1 view

Wes Gere

Feb 14, 2002, 4:48:30 PM2/14/02
We are getting this error when we try to get a connection from the
pool for a Tx Data Source. We are successfully getting connections
from a (non-Tx) Data Source.

java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user Fitness_demo
denied in realm weblogic
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:212)
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:233)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:125)
at weblogic.security.acl.Security.doAsPrivileged(Security.java:481)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getConnection(RmiDataSource.java:127)

We have added the DB user as a user in the realm, which usually does
the trick; but in this case it does not. We are using Merant's
JSQLConnect type 2 driver for SQL Server, and we are running on
Solaris. The scenario works fine using Oracle Thin driver on Windows.
Do we need ACL entries or something? We do not have any ACL entries
now.

Thanks,
-wes