lookup ejb deployed on another box

Joe

Feb 4, 2003, 3:39:22 PM2/4/03

I am using wls70sp1. I need to call teh ejb deployed on other box. But i got exception.
I can map a drive to 10.3.21.6. why I can connect? where can i find more info
about t3? Thanks

<Feb 4, 2003 11:45:48 AM PST> <Warning> <RJVM> <000519> <Unable to connect to
remote server on address 10.3.21.6 and port 7001 with protocol t3. The Except
ion is java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect>
javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception is java.net.ConnectExceptio
n: t3://10.3.21.6:7001: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect; No available
ro
uter to destination
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMFinder.findOrCreate(RJVMFinder.java:173)
at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.findOrCreateRJVM(ServerURL.java:262)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:323)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.getInitialContext(WLIni
tialContextFactoryDelegate.java:221)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:149)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
60)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:241
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:217)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:193)
at jsp_servlet.__jndi._jspService(__jndi.java:108)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:1058)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:401)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:306)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5412)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServic
eManager.java:744)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3086)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2544)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Feb 4, 2003, 7:22:38 PM2/4/03
Joe,

t3 is the protocol BEA uses for RMI.

You probably have a network device that is filtering the traffic on the
port (7001). You can verify this if you try to connect with a web
browser to the same port via HTTP (http://xxx:7001/console/).

Try setting the port of your server to one that is not filtered ( 80 or
8080 might be a good choice for an experiment) and see if it helps.

Regards,
Dejan

Joe

Feb 4, 2003, 8:33:34 PM2/4/03

Thanks. The network guy helped me out. But I got other error:

<ExecuteThread: '9' for queue: 'default'> <kernel identity> <> <080003> <RuntimeException
thrown by rmi server: com.ebal.LoginSupport_eufzwc_EOImpl.idString()
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid Subject: principals=[clientuser]>
java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid Subject: principals=[clientuser]
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.seal(SecurityServiceManager.java:943)
at weblogic.rjvm.MsgAbbrevInputStream.getSubject(MsgAbbrevInputStream.java:147)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:309)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:30)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

I didn't set any security when deploy the ejb. And I viewed the jndi policy for
the bean, it's all default to "everyone" group.

Why I got SecurityException?

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Feb 5, 2003, 2:04:35 PM2/5/03
Joe,

Look at the procedure in this link:
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/adminguide/managetx.html#1050458 .

I'd guess that your two servers are in different domains and the above
link shows how to make the two domains accept the others' Subjects.

Dejan

joe

Feb 5, 2003, 5:16:33 PM2/5/03

Thanks. It's the production server connecting to pre-production server. their configuration
is the same, that means the domain name is the same, each has their own admin
server, and own server name. Are they considered different domain? I don't think
i ever set the Credential for the domain. should they default to something same?

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Feb 5, 2003, 5:27:20 PM2/5/03
They are considered different domains and the default credential is
randomly generated at the server startup so if you don't set it, it's
probably different every time you restart your domain (admin server).

Dejan

joe

Feb 5, 2003, 8:29:27 PM2/5/03

thank you very much for your information, however, I am doing ejb lookup in a thread
i created in server startup, so it's not in any transaction context, just plain
ejb lookup.

Deyan D. Bektchiev

Feb 6, 2003, 4:55:07 PM2/6/03
The transactional context does not matter at all in your case and the
security context is populated by the WLS invocation wrappers anyway
(doesn't matter it its a WLS or non-WLS thread since the same thing
would have to happen in a client-only JVM).

And that security context is actually the Subject of the currently
executing user. If you did not associate a security context yourself
then it's the anonymous user Subject, but there is one always.

And those Subjects are signed (validated) by the different WLS domains
with a different key, unless you define your own that makes them
"portable" from one domain to another.

Dejan