LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327...

1 view

christo...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2001, 7:12:45 AM1/12/01
Hello,

I have a serious problem that only occurs sometimes during the start of
the weblogic-server or while accessing an ejb:

Fr Jan 12 13:04:32 GMT+01:00 2001:<I> <WebLogicServer> Invoking main-
style start
up weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcS
tartup
Fr Jan 12 13:04:33 GMT+01:00 2001:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection
pool oracl
ePool with:
{aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool, maxCapacity=20,
initialCapacit
y=2, url=jdbc:weblogic:oracle,
props=user=dbps01_mdvt171;password=dbps01;server=
donau, capacityIncrement=1, driver=weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver,
poolName=oraclePool
}
+++ WebLogic Native Layer for OCI 8.x (BETA-2)

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before
authenticating a u
ser - (dbps01_mdvt171/********@donau)
at weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException
(OciConnection.java:143)

at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:157)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(Con
nectionEnvFactory.java:149)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(Con
nectionEnvFactory.java:109)
at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources
(ResourceAllo
cator.java:771)
at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>
(ResourceAllocator.j
ava:416)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup
(ConnectionPool.j
ava:330)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.initPools
(JdbcInfo.java:117)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.startup
(JdbcInfo.java:200)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup.main
(JdbcStartup.java:11)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runMain
(StartupThread.java:219)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java:109)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run
(PropertyExecuteThread.java
:62)

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
Fr Jan 12 13:04:36 GMT+01:00 2001:<I> <JDBC Pool> Sleeping in
createResource()
Fr Jan 12 13:04:37 GMT+01:00 2001:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create
connection po
ol "oraclePool"

Thanks for your help in advance.

Christoph

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

christo...@my-deja.com

Jan 12, 2001, 10:30:43 AM1/12/01
Hello again,

maybe I have a clue for this error. We use container-managed
persistence beans with a jdbc access to the database for
reading a Sequence-Counter using the same connection pool.
The 'by hand' access is called as the first line of code in the
the ejbCreate(). Could it be that when the jdbc call has occured
the connection is given back to the pool. Then I close the jdbc-
connection. But before the close-command is (internally) invoked,
the app-server gets the connection for the ejbCreate-Method (writing
the member in the db). This could cause the described error !?

I hope you have a clue. Thanks for your help in advance.

alta...@my-deja.com

Jan 25, 2001, 11:40:38 AM1/25/01
WE had something simmilar, here are my notes about that incident (hope
it helps...)
***************************
*********************WEBLOGIC oracle Database Pool setup problem*******
The probelm was occuring when setting a database pool to an oracle
server.
the oracle server instance name was ORA8 and this is what we used for
the
"server" attribute in the database pool properties (config.xml JDBC
Pool).
however since the weblogic server connects to the database using the
oracle
client (which is why the classes12.zip needs to be in the classpath) the
actual instance name needs to be as set in the client. because our
client uses ORA8 with an alias of ora8.something.com (dono why it
does that). we had to chnage that to be the server attribute.
this alias can be found in tnsnames.ora file at the client
install dir.

In article <93msbq$5p9$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

shmo...@my-deja.com

Jan 26, 2001, 7:16:41 AM1/26/01
Yes, I am seeing this with one of my web servers too.

The strange thing is, it's only happening to us since we ported from NT
to Solaris. We're running Solaris 8 with the Oracle 8.1.6 client,
connecting to an 8.1.6 database. Weblogic 5.1. I saw on the Weblogic
site that if you're connecting to an 8.1.6 database you must use the
8.1.5 client - yet the Oracle site says you must use the 8.1.6 driver.
Go figure. We can't test Weblogic's theory with the 8.1.5 client as we
only have 8.1.6 media. The same config with WL and Oracle client on NT
works fine....

Any more thoughts on this would be great.

Cheers
Steve

In article <94pku4$l8r$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,