META-INF/ejb-jar.xml not found in jar file

Kathy Guo

Sep 6, 2001, 3:00:29 PM9/6/01
When I run weblogic.ejbc against a .jar file, I got the error below. But
the META-INF/ejb-jar.xml DO exist. What do I missing? I just want to
modify the deployment descriptor in ejb_basic_beanManaged.jar in WLS
6.1 examples, and redeploy it . I can not make it work. Can someone shed
light on it?

Thanks,
Kathy

C:\bea6.1\wlserver6.1\config\examples\applications>java weblogic.ejbc -d
a.jar e
jb_basic_beanManaged1.jar
java.io.FileNotFoundException: META-INF/ejb-jar.xml not found in jar
file
at weblogic.ejb20.dd.xml.DDUtils.getEntry(DDUtils.java:328)
at weblogic.ejb20.dd.xml.DDUtils.getEjbJarXml(DDUtils.java:232)
at
weblogic.ejb20.dd.xml.DDUtils.loadEJBJarDescriptorFromJarFile(DDUtils
.java:147)
at
weblogic.ejb20.dd.xml.DDUtils.createDescriptorFromJarFile(DDUtils.jav
a:135)
at
weblogic.ejb20.dd.xml.DDUtils.createDescriptorFromJarFile(DDUtils.jav
a:126)
at weblogic.ejbc20.runBody(ejbc20.java:338)
at weblogic.utils.compiler.Tool.run(Tool.java:79)
at weblogic.ejbc.main(ejbc.java:20)
ERROR: java.io.FileNotFoundException: META-INF/ejb-jar.xml not found in
jar file

Rob Woollen

Sep 6, 2001, 4:51:58 PM9/6/01
Can you show me the contents of the jar file? In particular, it's META-INF
not meta-inf.

-- Rob

Kathy Guo

Sep 6, 2001, 5:35:14 PM9/6/01
Hi Rob,

Here is the contents of the jar file:
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
examples/
examples/ejb/
examples/ejb/basic/
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/Account.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean_g1748h_EOImpl.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean_g1748h_EOImplRTD.xml
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean_g1748h_HomeImpl.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean_g1748h_HomeImplRTD.xml
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountBean_g1748h_Impl.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/AccountHome.class
examples/ejb/basic/beanManaged/ProcessingErrorException.class
META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

By the way, I found the reason was that my classpath did not include the
current directory where the jar file was and where I run the ejbc. But the
error I got confused me. It did not complain that it can not found the jar, it
complains that a file inside the jar is not found. ;-(

Thanks,
Kathy