Popular weblogic VersioningError occuring with Orion even with proper manifest file.

Rais

May 16, 2002, 8:38:12 PM5/16/02

Hi All,

I am using orion as a servlet engine, accessing the ejbs on weblogic.I have the correct
information in weblogic.jar/meta-inf/manifest.mf file, viz,

Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems
Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 12/18/2001 11:13:46 #154529
Implementation-Version: 6.1.2.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar

But I still get the following error when trying to get the initial context from weblogic.

weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:38)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.initialize(VersionInfo.java:76)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.initialize(Kernel.java:103)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:82)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java
:161)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:119)

The problem occurs when I put weblogic.jar in orion\lib folder but the problem stops
when I update the classpath entry in META-INF\Manifest.mf file of orion\orion.jar.

I dont want to put weblic.jar entry in META-INF\Manifest.mf file of orion\orion.jar
because I am using weblogic JMS and all my classes that are accessed by JMS, also
needs to be put in META-INF\Manifest.mf file of orion\orion.jar.
So I shall have to update the manifest file of orion.jar again and again,that I want
to avoid.

Your help shall be highly appreciated......

Thanks !!
Rais