IOException deploying Application on Win2k

Raj

Dec 21, 2001, 9:59:00 PM12/21/01

I am getting the following error, when deploying an (.ear) application.

<Dec 21, 2001 9:22:13 PM EST> <Error> <Management> <IOException opening applicat
ion employ:Name=MyApplication,Type=Application, loading from path .\config\mydomain\appli
cations\MyApplication.ear
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:110)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:115)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:82)
at weblogic.utils.jars.VirtualJarFile.<init>(VirtualJarFile.java:24)

(I copied the .ear file into .\config\mydomain\applications directory). I am running weblogic server 6.1 service pack 1 on Windows 2000 professional.

Thanks for any help.

- Raj

Vijay

Dec 26, 2001, 1:52:01 PM12/26/01

Hi Raj,

This could be due to the fact that the application poller kicks in even before
the application(.war/.ear) is completely copied to applications directory.
You can avoid this by increasing "Auto Update Interval" on the console. (It is
3000ms by default)

The recommended way to deploy an application is to "configure" rather than copying
applications directory.

--Vijay