run-as ELEMENT

geordie

Jun 13, 2001, 6:09:43 PM6/13/01

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with the run-as element?
I have pointed the DOCTYPE at the sun ejb dtd 2.0 (http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd)
but the following deployment descriptor fails:
<security-identity>
<run-as><role-name>Application</role-name></run-as></security-identity> -->

geordie

Jun 13, 2001, 6:11:23 PM6/13/01

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with the run-as element?
I have pointed the DOCTYPE at the sun ejb dtd 2.0 (http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd)
but the following deployment descriptor fails:
<session>
..

<security-identity>
<run-as>
<role-name>Application</role-name>
</run-as>
</security-identity>
</session>

The failure message is:
[ejbc] org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "security-identity" must
be declared.
[ejbc] at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1008)
[ejbc] at weblogic.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.reportRecoverableXMLError(XMLValidator.java:123

[ejbc] at weblogic.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.validateElementAndAttributes(XMLValidator.java:
73)
[ejbc] at weblogic.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(XMLValidator.java:818)
[ejbc] at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.jav

// Geordie

Matthew Shinn

Jun 13, 2001, 11:02:26 PM6/13/01
Hi Geordie,

Weblogic does not yet support run-as. It should be supported in the next release. I can explain the parsing error you
are getting. The EJB container will always use a local copy of the DTD. The only time it would ever use the DOCTYPE URL
is if it couldn't find a local copy, but this should never happen. Judging by the parsing error you are getting, the
local DTD doesn't have a run-as element in it. This is probably because your local DTD is older than the one on Sun's
website.

- Matt