CLOB /BLOB

Dung

Nov 28, 2001, 1:41:39 AM11/28/01
HI all !

I am trying to use oracle clob data type for cmp in weblogic 6.1. But I failed to do that
here the stack traces :
; nested exception is:
java.io.IOException: ORA-22920: row containing the LOB value is not
locked
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 708
ORA-06512: at line 1

Start server side stack trace:
java.io.IOException: ORA-22920: row containing the LOB value is not locked
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOB", line 708
ORA-06512: at line 1

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.SQLToIOException(DBError.java:531)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleClobWriter.flushBuffer(OracleClobWriter.java:181)
at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleClobWriter.flush(OracleClobWriter.java:141)
at
weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JDBCWriterImpl.flush(JDBCWriterImpl.java:72)

Could anyone give me some advices

Dung

Nov 28, 2001, 1:41:42 AM11/28/01

Dimitri Rakitine

Nov 28, 2001, 2:23:55 AM11/28/01
Change isolation level for transactions which modify clobs to
TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED_FOR_UPDATE

--
Dimitri

Michael Chen

Nov 28, 2001, 2:33:50 AM11/28/01
When you use a CLOB or a BLOB, the transaction isolation must be
set to READ_COMMITTED_FOR_UPDATE, or the LOB won't be locked
for UPDATE.

I will add this comment to the dtd file.

Michael