NumberFormatException while retrieving EJB

jcfuentes

Jan 8, 2003, 12:32:11 PM1/8/03

I have a class which maintains references to EJBObject in the clients HttpSession.
It is
throwing an exception when I try to objtain the remote session EJB.

Heres the code:

// ServiciosSipe serviciosSipe =
// (ServiciosSipe)session.getAttribute(WebKeys.SERVICIOS_SIPE); //
GET EJB FROM SESSION
// if (serviciosSipe == null) { // IF NOT IN CLIENTS SESSION GET FROM SERVICE
LOCATOR
// ServiciosSipeHome home =
// (ServiciosSipeHome) serviceLocator.getRemoteHome(JNDINames.SERVICIOS_SIPE,
ServiciosSipeHome.class);
// serviciosSipe = home.create();
// session.setAttribute(WebKeys.SERVICIOS_SIPE, serviciosSipe);
// }

The exception is:
// java.lang.NumberFormatException: 8101:8101
// at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:423)
// at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:463)
// at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.parseURL(ServerURL.java:281)
// at weblogic.rjvm.ServerURL.<init>(ServerURL.java:69)
// at
I am woriking with weblogic 6.1 in cluster.
Please help!

Cameron Purdy

Jan 13, 2003, 4:31:12 PM1/13/03
It looks like the IP address information in the JNDI config is messed up, or
a port number, etc. For example, you may have a x.x.x.x:port somewhere that
doesn't support the ":port" part.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy
Tangosol, Inc.
http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

"jcfuentes" <jcfu...@anticipa.cl> wrote in message

Gary Bradshaw

Jan 14, 2003, 10:29:04 AM1/14/03

I remember getting this same sort of error on WLS 7.0 when we
first started using clusters. It was due to the fact that our
serviceLocator class was using the "cluster address" to get
the InitialContext, and the cluster address was really two
addresses (or two ports), like "t3://10.1.1.1:7890,10.1.1.2:7890"
or "t3://10.1.1.1:7654,7655".

Interestingly enough, this seemed to work when run on one of the
servers, but it failed when we tried it from another machine.
We removed one of the addresses (or ports) and now it works fine.
I imagine a round-robin-type DNS name would have also worked.

I hope this helps.

- gary

vighnesht

Feb 7, 2003, 4:39:21 AM2/7/03

I am trying to port our application from WLS6.0 to WLS 7.0.

I have copied the old domain into new WLS server.

I use ejb1.1 version.

I am able to start my server properly..

But i get below error when i try to get reference to bean UserProfileBean by the finder method.

<Exception from ejbLoad: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wisor.pom.entitybean.UserProfileBean_i3y2pp_Impl
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wisor.pom.entitybean.UserProfileBean_i3y2pp_Impl
        at weblogic.ejb20.manager.DBManager.loadBean(DBManager.java:435)

What could be the reason... any suggestion is welcome....

Rob Woollen

Feb 7, 2003, 6:33:16 PM2/7/03
Strange. Did you re-run weblogic.ejbc in 7.0? The server should have
re-run it for you regardles, but still..

Is this a CMP or BMP bean?

-- Rob

vighnesht

Feb 10, 2003, 10:12:41 AM2/10/03
Thanks Rob,

I did a re-run weblogic.ejbc in 7.0 also was missing some configurations
I have successfully ported the application into new WLS
Thanks for the reply

Vighnesh.

"Rob Woollen" <r...@nomail.org> wrote in message