EJBDeployerTool wont start

kapil

Jun 7, 2001, 4:15:14 PM6/7/01

This is the error i get when i try to start the deployer tool
C:\weblogic>java -ms24m -mx24m weblogic.EJBDeployerTool
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1497)
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1470)
at weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerFrame.insertFileMenuProjectsAndTail(
DeployerFrame.java:2669)
at weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerFrame.<init>(DeployerFrame.java:474)

at weblogic.ejb.ui.deployer.DeployerTool$1.run(DeployerTool.java:99)
Any idea whats the problem? Suprisingly it worked the 1st time. After that when
ever i try to start it this is the error i get.
Thanks,
--Kapil

Dimitri Rakitine

Jun 8, 2001, 12:31:59 AM6/8/01
It looks like it left a file with a list of recently opened projects somewhere
and cannot read it back - I guess if you delete this file it will start.

kapil <kapil....@raremedium.com> wrote:

--
Dimitri

Rob Woollen

Jun 7, 2001, 11:36:36 PM6/7/01
Yes, that's exactly the problem :>

I believe on of the early 5.1 service packs fixed this.

-- Rob

Coming Soon: Building J2EE Applications & BEA WebLogic Server

by Michael Girdley, Rob Woollen, and Sandra Emerson

http://learnweblogic.com

Tim Holloway

Jun 8, 2001, 9:08:14 AM6/8/01
to Rob Woollen
I still have scars.

The DeployerTool context appears to have been written with Unix in mind. It stores
the info in a file whose name begins with a dot in your "home directory". If you're
trying to clean up a Windows setup, you'll have to dig a little to find out where that
home directory is, as it varies depending on the flavor of Windows, whether you're
using NT Server as your LAN server, and if you are using roaming profiles and/or
have a home directory set up in your user profile.

There are actually, I believe, several WLS "dot-files" there, though I no longer
recall their names. Uninstalling the DeployerTool was not sufficient to remove them.

Delete those files and I think you'll be able to make a fresh start.

Tim