Error getting initial context in Applet

Tim

Feb 1, 2002, 10:45:28 AM2/1/02

I get the following eror when I try to get the Initial Context in an applet:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.security.Acc
ess denied (java.util.PropertyPermission * read,write)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlConte
xt.java:272)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:
399)

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? The code works fine running
from an application. From what I understand there might be a problem with my
policy file. However, it seems to look ok. Any ideas?

Arjuna Chala

Feb 1, 2002, 12:15:00 PM2/1/02
Hi Tim,

If you are running within a browser, you will not have access to anything
outside the sandbox which includes making RMI calls. Try signing the applet.
You can find more information on signing applets on the sun java website.

Regards
Arjuna

"Tim" <ti...@concepsys.com> wrote in message