Error deploying 6.1sp2 EJBs in 7.0

Kristjan Sander

Nov 4, 2002, 5:37:37 AM11/4/02

Hello

I found out that in May, Mr Matthews posted a thread about "does not implement
Remote, RemoteWrapper or SmartStub" problem, but it remained unsolved. I am having
the same trouble now. Has the issue been resolved? I most certainly recompiled
my classes with ejbc compiler shipped with WL 7.0.

The problem occurs when I try to deploy my EJB, traceback includes

Unable to deploy EJB: ParameterEJB from CoreWeblogic.jar:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ee.emt.xgate.component.core.realm.ejb.UserEJB_p3h65u_LocalHomeImpl
does not implement Remote, Remot
eWrapper or SmartStub
at weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteHelper.getHostID(RemoteHelper.java:55)
at weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteHelper.isCollocated(RemoteHelper.java:152)
at weblogic.rmi.extensions.RemoteHelper.isColocatedInApplication(RemoteHelper.java:214)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EnvironmentBuilder.addEJBReferences(EnvironmentBuilder.java:525)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBDeployer.bindEJBReferences(EJBDeployer.java:1525)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBDeployer.activate(EJBDeployer.java:1354)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBModule.activate(EJBModule.java:342)

Thanks in advance,

Kristjan Sander

Scott Gorthy

Jan 31, 2003, 4:56:30 PM1/31/03

I got the same error porting from 6.1 to 7.0 and was able to resolve the issue.
Maybe this fix will work for you too. In my case, I had a "local" EJB defined
in the code, but the deployment descriptor was not defined as local. I changed
the deployment descriptor as follows:

ejb-jar.xml:

FROM:

<ejb-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/FooLocalHomeRef</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
<home>com.foo.FooLocalHome</home>
<remote>com.foo.FooLocal</remote>
</ejb-ref>

TO:
<ejb-local-ref>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/FooLocalHomeRef</ejb-ref-name>
<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
<local-home>com.foo.FooLocalHome</local-home>
<local>com.foo.FooLocal</local>
</ejb-local-ref>

weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:

FROM:

<ejb-reference-description>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/FooLocalHomeRef</ejb-ref-name>
<jndi-name>com.foo.FooLocalHome</jndi-name>
</ejb-reference-description>

TO:

<ejb-local-reference-description>
<ejb-ref-name>ejb/FooLocalHomeRef</ejb-ref-name>
<jndi-name>com.foo.FooLocalHome</jndi-name>
</ejb-local-reference-description>

I'm not sure why this wasn't a problem in 6.1, seems like it should have shown
up there.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Scott