Weblogic 6.0 & Oracle 8i

1 view

Surya

Mar 6, 2001, 11:23:17 AM3/6/01
I was testing the example ContainerManaged EJB supplied with Weblogic 6.0.
It worked fine with Cloudscape but it is giving following errors when used
with Oracle 8i. I didn't change any part of the code and ofcourse I changed
the appropriate fields in the connection pool (in Weblogic console). Any
clues???
<Mar 6, 2001 11:09:23 AM EST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application
ejb_ba
sic_containerManaged: Could not deploy: 'ejb_basic_containerManaged.jar'
Possible reasons include:
1. The bean or an interface class has been modified but
the deployment descriptor has not been updated
2. The database mappings in the deployment descriptor do not
match the database definition
3. The jar file is not a valid jar file
4. The jar file does not contain a valid bean>

Surya

Rob Woollen

Mar 6, 2001, 12:04:13 PM3/6/01
The real error is usually right above that message.

Make sure that you've created the appropriate tables in the database and
that your DataSource / connection pool is setup.

-- Rob

Coming Soon: Building J2EE Applications & BEA WebLogic Server

by Michael Girdley, Rob Woollen, and Sandra Emerson

http://learnweblogic.com

Surya

Mar 6, 2001, 12:45:45 PM3/6/01
The only table that it requires is 'ejbAccounts' was created in the
database. Also I made changes in the connection pool properties to suit
Oracle. My connection pool properties are:

Name- demoPool
URL- jdbc:weblogic:oracle
Driver Classname- weblogic:jdbc:oci:Driver
user:SCOTT
password:tiger

Do I need to change any of the above properties? Also what are the changes
required in classpath when compared to that of cloudscape one (as I am using
the same code with Oracle instead of cloudscape)?

Surya

"Rob Woollen" <Re...@spam.com> wrote in message

Rob Woollen

Mar 6, 2001, 1:08:11 PM3/6/01
Can you show me more of the server log? There is usually another error
message right above the 5 steps. This is usually the "real" problem.

-- Rob

Surya

Mar 6, 2001, 1:20:37 PM3/6/01
Now I am not getting that error. When I look at the console it shows the ejb
is deployed [deplyed check box is checked now]. But when I try to run the
corresponding client class the error message is:

Unable to look up the beans home: Unable to resolve
containerManaged.AccountHome
Resolved: '' Unresolved:'containerManaged'

What might be the problem now?? As I told you before I didn't changed any
part of the code or the deployment descriptors. Any thing else that I should
do?

Surya

"Rob Woollen" <Re...@spam.com> wrote in message

Surya

Mar 6, 2001, 1:34:30 PM3/6/01
Please ignore my previous post. There are still problems with deployment and
the logs goes like this:

<Mar 6, 2001 1:29:50 PM EST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying EJB Component :
ejb
_basic_containerManaged
weblogic.ejb20.EJBDeploymentException: Error Deploying CMP EJB:; nested
exceptio
n is:
weblogic.ejb20.cmp.rdbms.RDBMSException: Could not access table
'ejbAcco
unts'.
weblogic.ejb20.cmp.rdbms.RDBMSException: Could not access table
'ejbAccounts'.
at
weblogic.ejb20.cmp11.rdbms.PersistenceManagerImpl.verifyTableExists(P
ersistenceManagerImpl.java:129)
at
weblogic.ejb20.cmp11.rdbms.PersistenceManagerImpl.verifyTablesExist(P
ersistenceManagerImpl.java:138)
at
weblogic.ejb20.cmp11.rdbms.PersistenceManagerImpl.setup(PersistenceMa
nagerImpl.java:90)
at
weblogic.ejb20.internal.EntityEJBHome.setBeanInfo(EntityEJBHome.java:
144)
at
weblogic.ejb20.deployer.ClientDrivenBeanInfoImpl.deploy(ClientDrivenB
eanInfoImpl.java:474)
at
weblogic.ejb20.deployer.Deployer.deployDescriptor(Deployer.java:968)
at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:792)
at weblogic.j2ee.EJBComponent.deploy(EJBComponent.java:31)
at weblogic.j2ee.Application.deploy(Application.java:152)
at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.deployApplication(J2EEService.java:173)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setLocalDeployed(Applic
ation.java:192)
at
weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.Application.setDeployed(Application
.java:163)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeSetter(DynamicMBe
anImpl.java:1129)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.setAttribute(DynamicMBe
anImpl.java:766)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.setAttribute(DynamicMBe
anImpl.java:747)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.setAttribute(Conf
igurationMBeanImpl.java:256)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.j
ava:1356)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.j
ava:1331)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.updateConfigMBean
s(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:318)
at
weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.setAttribute(Conf
igurationMBeanImpl.java:259)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.j
ava:1356)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.setAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.j
ava:1331)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.setAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:
285)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:167)
at $Proxy7.setDeployed(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.management.console.pages._panels._mbean._ejbcomponent._jspSe
rvice(_ejbcomponent.java:331)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:208)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1127)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1529)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

<Mar 6, 2001 1:29:50 PM EST> <Error> <J2EE> <Error deploying application

ejb_bas
ic_containerManaged: Could not deploy: 'ejb_basic_containerManaged.jar'
Possible reasons include:
1. The bean or an interface class has been modified but
the deployment descriptor has not been updated
2. The database mappings in the deployment descriptor do not
match the database definition
3. The jar file is not a valid jar file
4. The jar file does not contain a valid bean>

<Mar 6, 2001 1:29:50 PM EST> <Error> <Management> <InvocationTargetException
set
ting attribute Deployed on MBean
mydomain:Name=ejb_basic_containerManaged,Locati
on=myserver,Type=ApplicationConfig to value true. Method: public void
weblogic.m
anagement.mbeans.custom.Application.setDeployed(boolean) throws
weblogic.managem
ent.DeploymentException,weblogic.management.UndeploymentException
weblogic.management.DeploymentException: Could not deploy:
'ejb_basic_containerM

anaged.jar'
Possible reasons include:
1. The bean or an interface class has been modified but
the deployment descriptor has not been updated
2. The database mappings in the deployment descriptor do not
match the database definition
3. The jar file is not a valid jar file
4. The jar file does not contain a valid bean

at weblogic.j2ee.EJBComponent.deploy(EJBComponent.java:35)
[...]

Rob Woollen

Mar 6, 2001, 3:07:49 PM3/6/01
Make sure the table exists with the appropriate columns. Also, make sure your
TxDataSource is defined and pointing to the correct JDBC connection pool.

-- Rob