Lookup for local interfaces.

Rupesh

Jun 10, 2002, 1:09:51 AM6/10/02
Isn't lookup for local interfaces allowed from web client. I have defined a
ejb-reference for the bean in my web.xml. When I do a lookup as
TestBeanLocalHome home = (TestBeanLocalHome)
ic.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/TestBeanLocal");

This statement result in an error

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Unable to resolve
comp/env/ejb/TestSLSBeanLocal/ Resolved: 'comp/env/ejb'
Unresolved:'TestBeanLocal' ; remaining name ''
at
weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.newNameNotFoundException(BasicNamingN
ode.java:887)
at
weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookupHere(BasicNamingNode.java:219)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:183)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:191)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:191)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.lookup(BasicNamingNode.java:191)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:339)
at
weblogic.jndi.factories.java.ReadOnlyContextWrapper.lookup(ReadOnlyContextWr
apper.java:36)
at
weblogic.jndi.internal.AbstractURLContext.lookup(AbstractURLContext.java:124
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:345)
at jsp_servlet.__client._jspService(__client.java:108)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at
:265)
at
:200)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2495)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2204)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

The same thing works when lookup is done for remote interface.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Yves Manning

Jun 10, 2002, 1:03:11 PM6/10/02
Did you replace your <home> and <remote> tags with <local-home> and <local>
in your ejb-jar.xml file?

Good luck!

-Yves

"Rupesh" <rupe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rupesh

Jun 11, 2002, 7:08:00 AM6/11/02
Of course they are there..

Anand Byrappagari

Jun 11, 2002, 8:04:18 AM6/11/02
Are you using Weblogic 6.1? Then local interfaces in web components are not
supported. Local interfaces were added only in Servlet 2.3 I think. Weblogic
6.1 is not completely compliant with Servlet 2.3.

-- Anand

"Rupesh" <rupe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rupesh

Jun 12, 2002, 4:35:10 AM6/12/02
what do u mean by local interface in web component? its ejb's local
interfaces and lookups are any way being
done using ejb-ref and ref mapping are given in weblogic.xml.
Where does Servlet spec come into the picture?

Do you mean to say that you can not lookup for local home from a jsp in
WL6.1?

Regards,
Rupesh.

Anand Byrappagari <who...@youdontwanttoknow.com> wrote in message

> Are you using Weblogic 6.1? Then local interfaces in web components are
not
> supported. Local interfaces were added only in Servlet 2.3 I think.
Weblogic
> 6.1 is not completely compliant with Servlet 2.3.
>
> -- Anand

Anand Byrappagari

Jun 12, 2002, 3:50:17 PM6/12/02
You need to use "ejb-local-ref" to refer to local interfaces. I meant
"ejb-local-ref" element was not available in web.xml in Servlet 2.2. They
were added in Servlet 2.3 specification. So unless your app server is
Servlet 2.3 compliant it does not need to support references to local
interfaces in web components (servlets or jsps). Weblogic 6.1 did not seem
to support them last time I tried.

-- Anand