EJB client after restarting server

Juerg Staub

Apr 7, 2003, 3:18:03 AM4/7/03
Hello,

I am encountering a problem when I restart my WLS 6.1SP3 server on
windows and have an ejb client calling methods on stateful or
stateless session EJBs on the server.

On the client side I do not receive any execption at all after a
server has been restarted. That means I can just continue to use the
remote interface of that bean, but the first call the to a method of
that EJB lasts between 60 and 120s. This is strange and especially not
very good for stateful beans as the have lost their state after a
restart.

On the server side I just see the stack trace below after the restart
of the server when I call an EJB method the first time.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.getOutputStream(ConnectionManager.java:1316)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.createPeerGoneMsg(ConnectionManager.java:1172)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleIdentifyRequest(ConnectionManagerServer.java:228)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:628)
at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:658)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Before SP3 I was able to catch a PeerGoneException and recreate the
beans after a restart of the server.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help

Juerg

Ryan LeCompte

Apr 8, 2003, 4:21:03 PM4/8/03
From: "Ryan LeCompte" <ryanle...@louisiana.edu>
Sender: "Ryan LeCompte" <ryanle...@louisiana.edu>
Subject: Re: EJB client after restarting server
Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.ejb
Date: 8 Apr 2003 12:21:03 -0800

Hello Juerg,

Have you been able to test this particular scenario on WLS 6.1 SP4, or WLS 7.0/8.1?
I believe there was an issue regarding what you've described that was fixed in
WLS SP4+. Let us know what happens!

Best regards,

Ryan LeCompte
ryanle...@louisiana.edu
http://www.louisiana.edu/~rml7669

Juerg Staub

Apr 9, 2003, 3:57:19 AM4/9/03
Hi Ryan,

I have not been able to test this with 6.1 SP4. SP4 at the moment is
not an option for us, as we have dependencies to other SP3 WLS. Is SP4
compatible with SP3? With SP3 I have this problem reliably on all our
WLS instances on Windows and Solaris.

Thanks

Juerg

Achim Wilke

Apr 9, 2003, 5:10:22 AM4/9/03

Hello Juerg,

I am encountering exactly the same error strack trace in our log. However I am
not sure WHEN and in which condition the problem occurs. Please let me know if
you are successful with SP4.

Best regards,
Achim

Ryan LeCompte

Apr 9, 2003, 11:12:43 AM4/9/03

Hello Juerg,

You should not have any problems upgrading to SP4. Would it be possible to set
up a WLS SP4 instance on a separate machine to test out the exact scenario that
is causing you problems? If it works, then you should be able to upgrade your
other machines without problems. Let us know if you experience any other difficulties.