http proxy error - Can't run Weblogic sample jsp

1 view

Bill

Feb 22, 2002, 11:56:07 AM2/22/02
I tried to run sample jsp from WebLogic 6.1. I am behind firewall.
After I compiled sample jsps, I brought up Examples Server. From
console, I saw "exampleServer" still in the "available" column of
"Targets-Server". (Maybe this is already wrong?) So I moved
"exampleServer" into "Chosen" column. Then I had the following error
from the example server startup window. And then of course, I got
"Error 404--Not Found" when running any example jsp. It looks like
exampleServer tried to connect to www.bea.com (why does it do that?)
and couldn't figure out the proxy server address and port. How do I
fix this? Thanks lot!

java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '1' addresses, but could not
connect over HTTP to server: 'www.bea.com', port: '80'
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:203)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:254)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:117)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:149)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:109)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:279)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultReaderFactory.createReader(DefaultReaderFactory.java:149)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalEntity(DefaultEntityHandler.java:769)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalSubset(DefaultEntityHandler.java:566)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java:1139)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2215)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$0(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2170)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:790)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)
at weblogic.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:967)

Slava Imeshev

Feb 22, 2002, 7:52:21 PM2/22/02
Hi Bill,

This is because parser tries to get a DTD, I guess for your web-app, from
bea.
You could ask IT to allow HTTP access to the www.bea.com. Could might also
download DTD file from bea, store it locally and change your web.xml so that
it references the correct local DTD file.

The first solution seems to me more natural.

Regards,

Slava Imeshev

"Bill" <huawe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message