Assertion Fialed errors while activating a passivated Session Bean

Andrew Burgess

Apr 11, 2002, 11:06:26 AM4/11/02

Hi All,

I wonder if you could help me. I have a stateful session bean (bean A) which has
as a member variable a remote interface to another statefull session bean ( bean
b). If i deploy both on the same weblogic 4.5.1 instance, Bean A will happily
create the remote interface to Bean B and use it methods, Bean A then passivates
and then when needed activates with no problems, as it should. However if i deploy
Bean B on different instance of weblogic4.5.1. Bean A still create's the remote
interface to bean B and can call methods on it and will passivate but on activation
throws the following :

weblogic.utils.AssertionError: ***** ASSERTION FAILED *****[ Persistent EO ref
not a handle or a stub: weblogic.ejb.pstore.PersistableEORef ]
at weblogic.ejb.pstore.PersistableEORef.getEJBObject(EOReplacer.java:93)

Any ideas ?

Many thanks Andy.