Error with filter wls6.1

sawan

Sep 16, 2004, 11:59:49 PM9/16/04
Hi ,
I am encountering problem wioth my weblogic6.1. Actually i have given
entry of my filter in web.xml ::---

<filter>
<filter-name>XSSFilter</filter-name>
<filter-class>abc.filters.XSSFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

The request is going to weblogic but its giving nullpointer exception on my
machine. The stacktrace that i get is :--

<Sep 17, 2004 11:39:47 AM SGT> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(7768263,jsp,/jsp)] Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.getFilterChain(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:2734)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2639)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2359)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Am i doing something wrong.Please suggest something.