VerifyError

Simon Geard

Aug 21, 2002, 6:02:49 PM8/21/02

The following error is being produced when trying to invoke a stateful session
bean method from an applet. It seems to occur for all applets using that bean,
but does not occur for any other session bean in the same applets.

We're using Weblogic 6.1SP2, with Java 1.3.1.04 on the client, and java 1.3.1-b24
on the server.

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/peace/energy/billing/BillingSessionBean_efpqm7_EOImpl_WLSkel,
method: invoke signature: (Lweblogic/rmi/internal/ServerReference;ILwe
blogic/rmi/spi/InboundRequest;Lweblogic/rmi/spi/OutboundResponse;)Lweblogic/rmi/spi/OutboundResponse;)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRuntimeDescriptor.getSkeletonClass(BasicRuntimeDescriptor.java:276)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRuntimeDescriptor.getSkeleton(BasicRuntimeDescriptor.java:309)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.invoke(BasicServerRef.java:288)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicServerRef.handleRequest(BasicServerRef.java:267)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:22)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Rob Woollen

Aug 22, 2002, 12:04:38 AM8/22/02
Does it happen if you call the sfsb from a stand-alone client? If so,
my guess is that you have a bug in your java compiler that generated
this class. I've heard of this a few times recently with jikes. You
might try javac and see if ther error persists.

-- Rob