Accessing T3FileSystem from EJB

Brett Schmoll

Aug 30, 2001, 4:33:16 PM8/30/01
Hi-

I'm encountering an error trying to write a file from an EJB. When I run the
same code from a stand-alone client it works fine. We're using WL6.0 sp2,
here's a copy of the code and stacktrace. Any ideas on why this doesn't
work?
Context ctx = null;
//
// Look-up T3Services context on the WebLogic Server...
//
Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, PosseAppProperties.getEjbURL());
weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.class.getName());
env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "system");
env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "password");

ctx = new InitialContext(env);
// T3ServicesDef t3s =
(T3ServicesDef)ctx.lookup("weblogic.common.T3Services");
T3ServicesDef t3s = T3Services.getT3Services();
//
// Get the file system and the file
//
T3FileSystem fileSystem = t3s.io().getFileSystem("simulate");
T3File serFile = fileSystem.getFile(getBeanName() + ".ser");
T3File xmlFile = fileSystem.getFile(getBeanName() + ".xml");
I've tried both ways to retrieve the T3ServicesDef, the un-commented one was
suggested in another post. Both seem to work but the EJB fails on the
getFileSystem("simulate").

java.rmi.RemoteException: EJB Exception: ; nested exception is:
java.lang.InternalError: Needs updating
java.lang.InternalError: Needs updating
at
weblogic.io.common.internal.T3FileSystemLocalMountPoint.<init>(T3FileSystemL
ocalMountPoint.java:66)
at
weblogic.io.common.internal.IOServicesServerImpl.getLocalFileSystem(IOServic
esServerImpl.java:54)
at
weblogic.io.common.internal.IOServicesServerImpl.getFileSystem(IOServicesSer
verImpl.java:25)
at
adpsis.posse.baseClass.EJBClass.saveCaptureData(EJBClass.java:517)
at
adpsis.posse.baseClass.EJBClass.getResultAsByteArray(EJBClass.java:284)
at
adpsis.posse.prtpos.PrtposAccountTaxLotsNettedEJB.getResultAsByteArray(Prtpo
sAccountTaxLotsNettedEJB.java:47)
at
adpsis.posse.prtpos.PrtposAccountTaxLotsNettedEJBImpl.getResultAsByteArray(P
rtposAccountTaxLotsNettedEJBImpl.java:170)
at
adpsis.posse.prtpos.PrtposAccountTaxLotsNettedEJBEOImpl.getResultAsByteArray
(PrtposAccountTaxLotsNettedEJBEOImpl.java:133
)
at
adpsis.posse.prtpos.PrtposAccountTaxLotsNettedBean.processRequest(PrtposAcco
untTaxLotsNettedBean.java:190)
at
jsp_servlet._jsp_main._prtpos_account_tax_lots_netted._jspService(_prtpos_ac
count_tax_lots_netted.java:278)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at
:213)
at
:246)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:1265)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1631)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Thanks,

-Brett

Daniel Hoppe

Aug 31, 2001, 8:41:10 AM8/31/01